Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Placenta Accreta, Percreta or Icreta...earliest detection

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I have 4 children 3 of which were VBACs. I had to have the placenta manually removed for my 2d and 3d child; however, my 4th child required an emergency DNC. I received 4 units of blood because I hemorraged and my blood pressure was 66 over 33. My Dr. (God Bless Her) saved my uterus. I am pregnant again and have had 2 DNCs since my 4th child. Recently, I have been learning about PERCRETA and ICRETA and am terrified that this is highly likely for me considering all of the scarring in my uterus. I guess what I would like to know is should I be terrified and at what point during my pregnancy can this be detected if at all. Please forgive me for any misspellings.

Sincerely Worried
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2009
Supporter
Since you have a history of this problem plus additional scarring since your last pregnancy, chances are pretty high that you will experience this again.

One poster on another site mentioned that she was diagnosed with this at eight weeks but there is no way to know how soon your doctor/ ultrasound tech will be able to detect a problem.

One article I read said that this can be detected with 100% accuracy by using a combination of ultrasound and MRI.

Here is a link to a very informative article:
http://mediwire.sma.org/main/Default.aspx? P=Content&ArticleID=139429

Congrats on your pregnancy. I hope you have a healthy pregnancy, easy delivery, and quick recovery.
|

replied July 4th, 2009
Thank you so much for all of the information that you so thoughtfully sent to me. I really appreciate the time that you took out of your day to shed some light on my situation. I am scheduled to have an ultrasound next week I will let you know how it goes. Smile
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2009
Supporter
You're welcome. I hope everything looks okay on the ultrasound.
|