Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

pink discharge 10 days before due!

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I'm 10 days before my next period, i just ovulated about 3 days ago, and i have pinkish discharge. This has never happened to me before, so i'm alittle concerned. i'm not on any kind of birth control or anything. my husband and i have the safest unsafe sex possible. He always pulls out, only "do it" a few days out of the month that are supposedly "safe". I have an ovulation calender that i use and follow religiously on my his iphone. I haven't even had sex this month, and any time it gets close to my time of ovulation i abstain for 2 or 3 days before.
A couple years before i even knew that you ovulated on certain days, and you are more fertile around this time and less around that time,etc. i had an abortion. that was after a missed period, and i was definately pregnant. The things i'm reading on here about pinkish discharge before a period MEANS I"M PREGNANT! Oh, boy, i hope not Crying or Very sad
i guess i'll find out soon enough. i'm pretty concious of my body and when i's around that time,it starts on the day of or the day before at the earliest. my breasts hurt about a week before i start, and they hurt now. maybe i'm just having an early period for a change, maybe it wanted to break up the monotony (that would be just fine with me..lol).
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 23rd, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Stazia, 4 days after ovulation is awfully early for implantation bleeding. This is normally between 8 and 12 days after ovulation.

It is of course possible that you ovulated earlier if your period is earlier, in which case it can be implantation bleeding - but then you did not have sex this month so how would that have happened? So your observation about early PMS is probably correct.

BTW, I would not recommend using oly the calendar method for birth control. Add basal body temperature (BBT) and cervical mucus observation and you will have a much much more safer system.

There are various iPhone apps available that will help you with adding BBT or CM observations. Maybe the one you are using can do this? (Just search for 'ovulation' to see them). I reviewed a bunch and the one I liked is called 'nfp manager: sympto'. When I evaluated it they assigned an NFP coach to me that irritated me endlessly as I already knew NFP and was just reviewing the software. I see the latest version does not have the coaching any more and is free. There are also a lot of others available. Most of them are also secure and are password protected (the last thing I want is to loose my phone and have some stranger seeing my private dates Shocked ).

Best of luck!
|

replied December 23rd, 2009
thanks for your reply. I do keep an eye on my CM, and it was right on time this month andthat's what got me a little concerned. according to my calender and my cm i'm at the tail end of the heavy ovulation flow. and usually around 7 days before i start my period there's almost no cm. At this time it is still the correct amount of flow that it should be...which is about half as much as the days, i know i'm ovulating, (when i'm ovulating it's like i can't change my pantyliners enough...yuck!but i guess that's part of womanhood)except now it's a brownish tint.
I'll take a look at the apps for the iphone, i swear they have millions, so maybe i'll get lucky.
thanks for the info, and if you or anyone else out there has any ideas of why my body's acting funny, please feel free to reply.
|