Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Pinching pain after hernia repair

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
Hello, i had a hernia repair about 7 weeks ago, open mesh on my left side. And ever since week 5 my skin below the incision went numb, and when i stretch i get a small pinch in the area. When i sneeze i get a very painful sting. All this happened after i foolishly tried to move my futon 4 weeks after surgery. I lifted the futon up on one end, felt a pinch in a around my incision, set it down and stopped. For about three days after this i had a small ache around my incision wasn't real bothersome but i could still feel the area. Now i get the symptoms described above. Small pinches when i stretch/cough, Painful sting when i sneeze, and skin numbness and tingling, all below my incision. Is this scar tissue or did i damage or aggravate something? any similar experience?
Did you find this post helpful?
|