Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Pimples under breasts

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
Hi I am a 31 year old woman with larger DD breast, I have what appears to be acne under both breast with a red shiny long skinny rash where my underwire is. I have NO IDEA what this is!!! The pimples are small and when i try to "POP" one, a tiny bit of acne type white stuff comes out. The rash doesn't hurt but at times it has gotten irritated, raw and sore. I don't know what to do!!! Is it acne or a skin yeast infection or some weird skin problem? I do not have medical insurance and am trying to find an at home cure so if the home cure doesn't work i will go to the dermatologist but I am trying to cut cost until I am finished with school. Thank you for any info anyone has I really appreciate it.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2009
Acne and Skin Disorders Answer A5723
Current medical status: Adderal 20mg 2x day, birth control pills
Current medical treatment: Breast issue Acne with red type rash. Physician disregarded when I asked her about it.

It is hard to say what the pimples are without seeing them. A skin yeast infection in that area is not uncommon if you do not wear a bra. The sweat under the breasts initiates wet conditions needed for a yeast infection. The wire of the bra might also be irritating the skin and causing inflammation of the skin glands. Over-the-counter anti-inflammatory cream might be recommended. Creams containing Aloe Vera might also be useful. Do not try to “pop” the pimples.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.