Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Pimples on vagina when period begins

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi,

There are pimples that appear on my vagina whenever my period begins. They are not near the opening of my vagina, but about a week before my menstrual cycle begins they come up and are very tender. I am a diabetic taking both Novolog and Levemir insulin along with Metformin and Enapril. Could these pimples be because of the medications that I am taking?

Thank you for all your help!

princess_teacher
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 20th, 2009
same thing
Hi,

I have had the same thing the last two months. I only get one pimple and it's in like the same spot both times... I am prone to staph infections, but b/c of where it's at, I got a little worried this time. I thought maybe it was just the string from the tampon that was maybe bothering it? I'm not diabetic though. I am only taking birth control. My last pap was a few months ago and it was irregular, but they just told me to come back in 6 months. Which, is about now. I'm going this week to get an STD screening just to be on the safe side! I'll let you know what happens. Good Luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?