Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Pimple like bump on front of lower gums

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
I have had a small bump on my lower gums for several years. There has been no change in size/shape to it, but recently another smaller one showed up just next to it. There is no pain at all and they don't bother me other than not knowing what they are. I recently went to the dentist (for the first time in many years) and they took xrays and found nothing abnormal. I had 1 cavity and they recommended a deep cleaning since there was slight inflammation of some parts of my gums. I was thinking it was an abscess, but if there was an issue with a surrounding tooth wouldn't something have showed up on the xray? I asked the dentist about it and she didn't seemed concerned at all. Any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|