Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Pimple-like bump next to clit

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Last week I found a pimple-like bump near my clit. While i was waiting to go see my doctor, it popped on its own. pimple-like pus, then some blood. by the time I went to the doctor it was gone and she said it could have been something with a hair follicle. but now its back again. Since last time when it popped it went away, i popped it myself this time. When i did it this time liquid came from a few different spots on the bump. Im not sure about it being a hair follicle thing because its closer to my clit and not really that close to where my hair is. It hurts pretty badly and im worried about it. Its only the one bump and came back in exactly the same place as the first one. this is the first time ive ever gotten anything like this. ive been with my boyfriend for 3 years and we use condoms every time. The skin itself it soft and shiny, and i can see some blood under the surface. It just feels like theres something hard inside there. please help me figure out what this is, cuz im kinda freaking out!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Pus filled bump on the clitoris is indicative of any infection which can be a bacterial infcetion.The common causes of it are ingrown hair,plugged sweat gland that becomes infected,any cut or break in the skin,genital warts etc.It might be possible tht because of squeezing the infection has spread.
Do not squeeze it.
Wash the skin with antibacterial soap twice a day.
Wear loose cotton undies.
If the infection persists or worsens consider visiting a Gynaecologist for evaluationand if required prescribed medications.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.