Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Pimple inside clitoris

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
for the past few days...my clit has been ichy and sensitive on the right side. i took a look inside after spreading the lips and and exposing the clit. i found a white pimple like bump on the inside on the right side. i used my fingernail to see if i could clean it, but i guess whatever it was, popped just like a pimple. I am not sexually active, i have played with myself and just once my boyfriend came onto my clit but nothing went inside my vagina. (thats my only boyfriend and that is the most we have done and no other partners) Along with that i also usually shave down there too. So is this normal or should i be worried. because i think i have had this before with the same symptoms (before my boyfriend), but i can't really remember.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper UnknownABC
|

replied January 24th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
AnonXoXo, First off, playing with yourself does not have anything to do with it. Masturbation is the safest form of sexual relief and it does not have any negative health effects. Your boyfriend can however transmit a sexually transmitted disease or infection (STD/STI) when he ejaculate on you or touch your vulva with his uncovered penis. Also shaving on the outside will not cause any problems under your clitoral hood.

What you are describing does not sound like an STD/STI. It sounds like a sebaceous gland that got blocked and possibly formed a cyst. Your skin contains glands that secrete an oily substance (this is what gives your clitoris its healthy shiny look). This oil will oil the inside of the hood to keep it slippery so that it can slide over your clitoris. If it does not do that, it will become very dry and uncomfortable. This is also the oil that combines with the dead skin cells under your hood to form smegma, a white cheesy substance that you should wash away with clean water on a regular basis.

When one of these glands gets blocked, you can get something like you describe - a 'pimple' that will pop when you squeeze it. These can clear up by itself or a doctor might have to drain it. If it continues to give you trouble or you are worried about it, please get to your doctor.

Sebaceous glands and sebaceous cysts should not be confused with Bartholin's cysts and Skene's cysts. Bartholin's glands exits in your vulva right next to your vagina, one on each side of your vagina. These glands secretes a few drops of a substance (similar to pre-cum/pre-ejaculate in men) just before you orgasm.

Skene's glands mouth out just next to your pee hole or just inside your urethra. Skene's glands are thought to be involved in female ejaculation where a small amount of fluid is squirted out of these glands. Although all women have Skene's glands, not all woman experience female ejaculation.

Both these sets of glands can also get blocked and form cysts. These cysts however will form around your vaginal entrance or pee hole and under your labia (lips). The cysts can often feel like pea sized bumps in/under your labia. Since this is not what you are describing, I think that you are suffering from a blocked sebaceous gland.

I hope this explains all the glands in your vulva and what can go wrong with them.

Remember not to use any scented products, no scented pads or tampons, no douching or feminine sprays and no scented soaps. Just clean with unscented soap or just plain clean water.

Take care!
|

replied March 28th, 2011
Hi there,
I have a little red pimple under the hood of clitoris and I had them before and it came back .. it feel uncomfortable feeling.. I think it cause from leaning over to the right side when I kiss my boyfriend in the car with him .. so after while it went away and it came back and I finally figure it out what the problem is . it from leaning over to the right side and it get red sore just tiny red pimple. I had it last summer from play with myself it went away in 3 days and again Last Jan 2011 it happen again that was 2nd times and it went away and it happen again now .. so I have no idea what is it .. just feel uncomfortable when I sit down and wear pad .. that just about it . no painful feeling .
also I went to see the Gyn and she have seen it before and it will go away itself .. so it is getting very fustration so I guess I cant touch it no sex for while .. until the sore go away..
please help me understatnd ...
Thanks so much.
|

replied March 28th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Champ, are you sure we are talking about the same thing? Saying you get a red pimple under your clitoris hood when you lean to the right is like saying you get a pimple on your face from standing up. It makes no sense.

So either you understand your clitoris to be something else than what we are talking about, or it is purely coincidental that you get it after leaning to the right.

The sebaceous glands under your clitoral hood is no different from the ones on the rest of your body. It can get blocked and infected.

Remember to clean under the hood at least once every week. Use pure clean water, or a very mild unscented soap. Pull back the hood and wash in the crevices with your finger. Also do this between your lips. Remember, no strong or scented stuff, preferably just clean water. And nothing inside your vagina. It cleans itself and washing inside it will disturb it's balance of bacteria, yeast and pH.

You can always wear a shorter pad, or push it back just a bit so that it does not irritate your clitoris.

How often does this happen, and how long does it take to go away? Is it at the same phase in your cycle every time? If it happens a lot, your Gyno should take another look to make sure it is not a cyst.

Best of luck!
|

replied March 28th, 2011
Hi there,
it like a red pimple and it doesnt hurt it just feeling uncomfortable feeling and it came back three times .. and in back 2009 it happen again.. so I will let you know when I see GYn this week and I will keep you posted .how that sound to you ?
When my boyfriend was away for while and I havent seen him and it didn't happen again . it was fine until he came back . everytime I lean over to him and kiss him in the car .. we only dating 4 months... we are taking slow.. so I think I should stop doing that to leaning over ... and my other gyn was right that it could come back because I have fair skin and she knew it ..
so I will let you know when I see higher Gyn doctor ok. Thanks alot...
|

replied July 1st, 2013
I got.a small bump on my clitoris at the very top and it appeared after playing with myself so should i be worried?
|

replied July 2nd, 2013
Community Volunteer
Masturbation does not cause any changes.

Are you talking about on the clitoris hood (outside)? That skin is normal skin like any other skin. It can get pimples, blocked pores and ingrown hair. And it should be treated the same way as if it was your facial skin for example.

If it is under your clitoris hood on your clitoris, pull your hood back with your fingers and make sure it is clean and nothing got caught up there. There are not really anything there that can cause that.

Best of luck.
|

replied November 23rd, 2013
Hello there,
I have a pimple right on my clitoris and i want to know how do you guys remove it?
This is my third time having it. The first time, my mom gave me these medicine to put on it and it went away. The second time, it came back as big as an egg so i had to go into the emergency room at Community Hospital where they have to do a procedure on me and this third time, its not small and its not big either but it hurts. I can't sit straight since when i do, i have to lean back with my legs spread, i can't walk with my legs close and i can't sleep from the side, just the back up facing the ceiling.
I'm not sexually active and i do take a shower everyday and clean it but it still comes back.
Please help me, if you guys can.
|

replied April 10th, 2014
I have acnes on my vagina...they came before my periods.they so itchy..I have not been sexually active...when I swap my clit with some qutips,,, I get a pulse that look like cheese...do I have stds??..
|

replied April 10th, 2014
I have acnes on my vagina...they came before my periods.they so itchy..I have not been sexually active...when I swap my clit with some qutips,,, I get a pulse that look like cheese...do I have stds??..
|