Medical Questions > Cancer > Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Forum

PID caused by Cervical Cancer?

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
Hello I should add some background information.

I just recently been diagnosed with Cervicitis and PID

No STDS caused it, eventhough I am on the antibiotics used for Gonehrriah and Clymida. Just to get rid of the infection.

I am embarassed to be on such drugs and to have this disorder. There has only been one partner and he is my true eternal flame. We are monogamous and actually abstained for the first three years of our relationship until he had his vasectomy and was one hundred percent cleared. So this past year up until now all sexual things have been with him and him with me. I hate telling this to doctors because they don't believe.
So of course no surprise to both tests that could cause it that read negative:
Eptopic Pregnancy
STD

So another thing that scares me. She took lots of culters from my vagina three and reviewed them and sent them off. No vaginal Bacteria that caused it either.

I am so baffled, and I read Cervical Cancer is the other option that causes PID or maybe I don't have PID but Cervical Cancer.

Which painfully makes sense in my sceniro.

I have heard of people getting Cervical Cancer with no STD linked to it.

Female cancers also run highly in my family.

I keep thinking if I got this cancer is it my weight??

I am obese and need to loose one hundred and ten pounds

I do get my periods however, they are not normal periods but never have been most of my life. Irregular periods is the term for it.

I have also been diagnosed with Endometriosis at 16 and POS

POS because of weight.

My symptoms: Horrible cramping
Heavy bleeding I am on my period right now ,it is horrible the worst I have gone throug so many pads and had to put down towels. It is also been the longest.
Nauseau
Vomitting stopped a couple of days ago.

I have been to the emergency and just said keep taking the antibiotic and I don't have anythng threatning.

They did a pelvic ultrasound and just saw retaining fluid in my uterus.

Pain when having intercourse so stopped of course also when diagnosed with PID

I haven't had a pap smear in a year and a half. Which is strange since I used to do them almost all the time. Also had been to the doctor and gyno so much.

But they never did one because of other health problems so they didn't give it much thought.

It wasn't until my Primary care suggested me getting a pap smear to rule out anything cancerous with the cervix since the other reasons for PID were ruled out.

So I have to wait for the infection to clear and the period to go away before she can do a pap smear and have it be acurate which makes sense.

Thursday I have my Pap smear my infection for Cervicitis, PID whichever one will have been taken care of with the antibiotics

And my period will have stopped.

I am nervous particulary about this pap smear becasue of the possibility of cervical cancer.

I am very nervous

sorry for writing an epic novel on my female parts. I am a writer so I guess writing forever is natural.

Lisa
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 26th, 2009
Lisa, I have been exactly in your boat. Had PID twice (once last year and once this year) and every STD test showed up negative in me and my monogamous partner of 5 years. I've been treated with doxy, and it's quite a mystery that everything, including pap, has turned out negative. We have no STD's. Last time, my partner wasn't treated, but this time I think we may treat him. It is possible that other bacteria, either already natural in the vaginal area, or something the partner is a carrier of, may have caused it. I am also embarrassed to be in this condition, where I am monogamous and take care of myself. My partner was also so sad I had to deal with this. The most common cases of PID start with an STD and I know neither of us has one. It is all quite confusing. I feel bad because now I will have to force my significant other to take doxy, to kill whatever bacteria in both of us has been causing this for me. I know mine wasn't caused by and STD, but not one can explain to me why. I think the human body is just mysterious sometimes. I do think a lot of different things can cause swelling in the vaginal area. I also think I am super sensitive to bacteria, since I've been treated for UTI and Kidney infections before. The other catch to this, is that I haven't even had intercourse of any kind for two months (as my boyfriend is out of town), and just got PID. Who knows what's going on. Hope you feel better.

Karen
|

replied August 9th, 2009
PID could have been with you for a while and could just now be detected.. even tho it is hard to determine, if you have a good gyno it helps. for a year i've had the same problems constntly swollen, cramps , lower back pain worst periods, painful intercourse, discharge that every doc told me looked like yeast infection discharge, and now finally here i am a year later i now know i have PID after mis diagnoses and treated for stupid minor infections that i never had cause every doctor was to lazy to look further into my problem, until a few days ago one decided to do her job finally and i am now on anti biotics, i may need to be hospitalized and given antibiotics intrevienously since i've been carrying this around for so long it will prolly be pretty stubborn. i'm scared but more angry then anything at the doctors, see i saw my records and a year ago around this time my records show bacterial infection and no yeast yet they have been treating me for a yeast infection this whole time, so very quickly due to not having proper treatment the infection spread and went up into my uterus and god knows where else. so you do not have to have an std to get this, i don't. i was diagnosed with hpv but thats it and very common and i know that causes cervical cancer if not watched, and now i'm hearing from you girls that cervical cancer can cause PID!? o boy we girls are a mess, don't you love how men can carry all these things and never be effected by it, What a pleasure that must be. well good luck girls thanks for listening i'll keep you updated.

Becks
|

replied April 1st, 2010
I''ve been having the same problems as well. I have had a long history of "female problems" as long as I can remember. I''''ve been tested for Herpes, chlymydia, gonorrhea, AIDS, syphilis, bacteria, yeast, Hep B, etc, etc. Had a history of abnormal pap smears, although the last one was fine. I''''ve had multiple tests done, a cervical biopsy and multiple treatments for yeast infection, BV and UTI''s. After each treatment, I went back, still experiencing problems. Each time I was told it was another infection, treated once more....well you get the idea. The old wash, rinse, repeat. It gets tiring, so I quit going. I felt pretty hopeless. The doctors wouldn''t listen, I wasn''t getting anywhere. A few years ago, I was diagnosed with PID for the first time. I was in amonogomouss relationship at the time, spanning almost 3 years. We were both STD free. We were both treated and sent on our way. After 2-3 weeks of treatment, I still had odd symptoms so I went back yet again. My doctor wasn''t in, so I got stuck with a NP. I told her I just finished treatment for PID and was still having issues. She said it was impossible for me to still have it after treatment, and swore I had herpes. Dumb broad. Needless to say, they tested me and it was negative. I got tired of the run around, so I tried home remedies of all sorts. My lady parts eventually returned to normal so I put it out of my mind. Things were stable for a while...then over the past year and a half, I started getting frequent UTI''s. I would treat it, it would be back within a month or two. I was tested some more...things became stable once again. Until this week, at least. I woke to horrible flank and abdominal pain, foul smelling discharge, the works. Went into the doctor and was diagnosed with PID YET AGAIN. My bf is different than the one before, but we have been monogomous for 2 years. We are both clean and free of std''s. Imagine my embarrassment, trying to explain all of this to him. *sigh* I''m going through treatment right now. Doxy, metro gel, some antibiotic they gave me at the clinic and the yeast infection pill for afterwards to make sure the antibiotic doesn''t give me another infection. I will update if this is ever resolved... Glad to know I''m not the only one with this problem. Sucks that we are all going through it, though... Sad Hope you all have your issues resolved.

<3 Lauren
|

replied June 19th, 2010
hiya my names faye and im 17 ive had PID Twice now but this time im having to go to hospital so they can put a camera through my stomach carnt spell it SOORRYY Sad to see what the real problem is ive been past post to post with this PID and it has never cleared after 2 courses of antibiotics, i was just wondering if any of you girls have had the camera thingy lol.

please help if you can.

hope ur all okies Smile

faye
|

replied June 16th, 2012
i have the same problem with you too
im only 20 and im already diagnosed with PID and it really breaks my heart knowing i acquire such disease ! im really blaming my bf for this and i really want him dead! its not like that he got clamydia or what.. he is clean.. im taking metro and doxy to kill the bacteria insise my.. ....
|

replied June 16th, 2012
inside me, so embarrassing specially to the doctors, they might think Im being used by a dirty guy.. i remember the last time we did it through my anus what do they call it and he haven't wash his before he go to my anal. so thats how it came to be.. now im suffering from many illness because of that insident.. i have UTI, PID, hurt burn because of the very strong medicine i am taking, hyper( acid reflux), half body numbness and difficulty in breathing..Smile

will someone pls help me
|

replied June 16th, 2012
the worst thing there is im only a student and u have no earnings so i cant avail to buy the medicine required by the doctor and mom didnt know all this, for short i am and the doctor only know aboout this cuz im avoiding somebody will know that wud be a total embarrassment for me.im having anxiety( having diffulty breathing) at present due to the emotional problem i am carrying all by myself,, i pitied my self so much already for everything that was going in my life..i wanna kill my self or just stab mysef.. he is the first guy i ever love thTAT MUCH and den how come he decieve me like this.. i really love him as much as i love myself.

i want to forget him him and get rid him off my mind !! for now i want to get well and bring back my focus to study.. i cant focus too because my side is aching always i feel numbness half of my body and unable to breath. . i dknow know ! will someone help me pls?
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2013
Hi etchuz, i replied to your post almost a year now, i am so totally undergoing your situation now. I wonder how youre doing now. I am also a student and 28 yo. I just went out of the hospital a few days ago due to PID. Its now 7days of antibiotics flagyl and doxy and i can still feel pain. I am also having a. Hard time to breathe, cramping, and pain is getting me down. I also cant tell my family about it due to shame, i hope u can email me as to how youre doing now, coz im scared i might acquire chronic pid. Pls i just need someone for emotional support, someone who could understand, i dont have std it just came from BV
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2013
I am so confused and stressed, im always irritable at small things. I can also feel numbness and weakness in my legs as if i have no energy at alll. Im fatigued and sick and tired of all this. I dont wanna have sex anymore if this is going to happen again and again.
|

replied September 15th, 2013
I just got diagnosed with pid. I am on the same meds as they would use for stds and I do not have and stds. I have been tested and my pap smear was clear. I have been married to my husband for five years and dated him for another five years before we were married. I am prone to ovarian cysts, and was recently told I would have to have a full hysterectomy after my first and only pregnancy. I have had problems with uti's in the past as well as yeast infections. Could this be a problem with the pid? We do not have a problem with cancer in my family as far as I know (ovarian as least) but I have had benign tumors removed. The doctors said that they are wanting to do surgery in a week if I do not get better to see what the problem would be. I had a cyst a few months ago and I do not know if that could be the problem as well. I am worried that I might have a problem getting pregnant since I only have a small window for this to happen. Can anyone give me any suggestions about this. I keep reading this is rare, but it does not seem to be as rare as everyone makes it.
|

User Profile
replied September 19th, 2013
I feel for you and I understand how you feel. My problem was with superbugs thats why antibiotics can never kill them and it ended up being a worse sickness for me because I my entire body was already affected by the PID where in my back neck, heart entire body aches, I cant eat anymore and losing weight so fast. My gyno advised me to have a hysterectomy since antibiotics is no effect at all but I am only 28 yrs old!. I used a frequency generator to kill my superbugs including staph epidermidis, enterobacter spp and klebsiella spp. right now i felt significant change in my body, I can concentrate in studying now and I feel less to no pain at all. I read it can also help other illnesses including the one u have. you may try to research about it before having a full hysterectomy.. Good luck to you
|