Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Physical therapy for Chronic hernia-repair pain?

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
I've had two inguinal hernia repairs, one in 1998 without mesh and a second in 2005 with mesh. Since the 2005 repair, I've had chronic off and on mild pressure and pain. Recently I've had a flare up of pain that has lasted about 6-7 weeks now. I've been very inactive in this time period and have not been doing any treadmill walking like I used to. So I have to wonder if my inactivity has actually been a factor in this flare up.

I've read here and there that some people use physical therapy to treat post hernia-repair pain. Can anyone enlighten me on the specifics of such physical therapy? Are there specific exercises I could try?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|