Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Phlegm or swollen uvula???

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I got my tonsils out 12 days ago and the procedure made me very phleghmy, so I've been trying to bring all that up using the back of my tongue. Anyway I was trying to do this tonight but nothing would come up but i felt like I had a wad of phlegm in my throat, then I realized it was probably my uvula cause nothing was coming up. I looked in my throat and saw that it was curled up and sticking to my throat, which is very uncomfortable.. I can breathe ok it's just annoying and I'm afraid to sleep. is this normal after a tonsillectomy. It's not teal swollen or large just being a pain.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 26th, 2010
I have the exact same problem! It is most likely your uvula. My doctor told me to eat popsicles and cold things to bring down the swelling. Hope this helps!
|
Did you find this post helpful?