Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Persistent pain in my lower left side, could it be colon cancer?

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
Hey, so Iv been having pain in my lower left side now for about a month. I dont really have any other symptoms, i.e blood in the stool or changes in bowel habits. Its for this reason I keep on being kind of palmed off by the doctors.

I dont know if my fears of colon cancer are irrational or not. Its just because its been for about a month now and it isnt really constant with anything other ailment it seems. Unless somebody could think of something it could possibly be?

Just a little more info on the pain, its kind of in my lower left quadrant, when I went to the doctors they did a Urine test and that all came back fine, so that I guess rules out anything kidney related.

It seems to have eased over the course of the month, to be honest now the pain is manageable it just kind of worries me that its still kind of there. The pain also seems to be eased with Paracetamol and if I have a few beers the pain also seems to subside. Which makes me think maybe the pain is muscular?

I was just wondering what I should have in my mind the next time I visit my GP because so far he just doesnt seem to want to know. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 28th, 2011
I forgot to mention I'm 24 years old and relatively active
|

replied June 19th, 2011
LOWER LEFT ABDOMINAL PAIN
DIVERTICULITIS COULD BE PROBABLE CAUSE OF THE PAIN. CANCER RARELY CAUSES PAIN UNTIL AFTER STAGE 3. I WOULD GET AN ULTRASOUND TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE. ALTHOUGH DIVERTICULITIS IS USUALLY FOUND IN OLDER PATIENTS, IT STILL IS POSSIBLE IN YOUNGER SUBJECTS. I WOULD NOT WAIT MUCH LONGER. YOUR HEALTH IS FAR TO IMPORTANT TO RISK ON SPECULATION. GOOD LUCK!
|