Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

permanent red big toe?

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
User Profile
i also have permanent red big toe...initially i thought it was just my ingrown toenail, which i removed when it became too painful. since removing it, it still hasn\'t lost the redness, and the toenail has grown back halfway already. what could this be

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2011
Vascular and Circulatory Disorders Answer A28470
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Most probably you may have developed a infection of the subcutaneous tissues of the toe, which is sometimes occurring with ingrown toenails.

Such infections may need proper evaluation and treatment with prescription medications.

Other conditions that can present with such pain and swelling of the toe, include gout, pseudogout, osteomyelitis, etc.

Hence you may consult with a doctor for a examination, proper evaluation and treatment.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Foot Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.