Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Permanent Liver Damage due to Excessive Alcohol Consumption?

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
I am a 21 year old male. About 4 months ago I went through a bout of depression after a rough breakup and I began drinking moderate-heavily (4-5 bottles of wine a week). Up until about a month and a half ago I cut back to strictly weekends and now its just no alcohol period. The question I am asking is that is there a possibility that I have done permanent damage to my liver? Over the last 2 months I have been oversleeping almost every night and waking up feeling like I hadn't slept at all, even with adequate sleep. I have also been experiencing joint pain as well as very foggy memory and lapses in concentration. I fear the worst. Could this be permanent? I am currently on various supplements and I was throughout this entire drinking period. I mainly take Vitamin B complexes, a multivitamin, omega-3 oils, and vitamin D. Also I went to a doctor and had a blood test (mainly concentrating on liver function) and I was mostly fine other then slightly low levels of bilirubin, he told me to cut back which I did but my symptoms persist.
Did you find this post helpful?
|