Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

2 periods in one month then brown spotting ?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
2 periods in one month then brown spotting a week after 2nd period? My periods are always 28 days apart but I bled 11 days too early and both bleeding seemed to be how my normal periods usually are, heavy and last 7 days. I was on my period from August 14 to August 21 then got on my period again September 7 to September 14 (17 days after normal period, 11 days too early). After I ended my period ended on September 14, on September 23 (9 days after period ended) I had a wiped after I used the restroom to see a very clear sticky discharge with a little streak of bright blood in it. Then on September 24 I had no blood then on September 25 and 26 I had a brown discharge only when I wiped then September 27 I have a lighter brown discharge on my underwear. I have an appointment in 2 weeks but I'm very scared what this can be. I am sexually active, use no protection. Can this be pregnancy? Or what can it be?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2011
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A27201
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms could be suggestive of possibility of pregnancy. The changes in the period pattern could be affected due to pregnancy or even hormonal derangements. It is difficult to comment on the cause for your symptoms without examining you or going ahead with further evaluation. You should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough evaluation and further assistance with getting periods back to normal and regulating them. If pregnancy is suspected, consider visiting your gynecologist for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.