Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

periods every other week

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
is it normal to have periods every other week and they last an entire week and are heavy Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 18th, 2008
For how long has this been happening? Have you been taking any pc pills? Do you have any additional strange symptoms?
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I'd check in with a doctor.
|

replied March 19th, 2008
periods every other week
yeah well i've been getting headaches and cramps it's been going on scince jan sometimes i don't want to even move i'm going to the doctor tomorrow
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Yeah, tell us what your doc says.
|

replied March 20th, 2008
my doctor referred me to another doctor she said my cervix was abnormal so i have to go get a colposcopy on monday
|

User Profile
replied March 20th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Ooh, good luck! Let us know how that goes, too. I'd really be interested, as my period has been weird as of late.
|

replied April 14th, 2008
periods every other week
well i found out i had cervicitis a severe bladder infection and the periods were from stress and a hormone imbalance
|

replied January 16th, 2012
I have had the same cycle (one week on - one week off) since May 2010 after taking Yasmin contraception pill (to regulate my periods) since then the same ANNOYING 2 week cycle - i have seen doctor/gynae and they cant tell me anything helpful except the obvious "it's a hormone imbalance" the only way to fix it would be with contraceptives which is not an option as I have been trying to conceive for nearly 2 years with no luck Sad I've had numerous blood tests, ultrasound/trans-vaginal scans and laparoscopy and dye and still have no answers - all results were normal (somehow!)
|
Quick Reply