Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

periods and pregnancy after depo.

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
hey my names steph,
i am 18 years old, i went to the doctor back in may of 2011 to see why i had not had my period for over a month. the doctor did a pregnancy test, the test was negative. he then put me on the depo provera shot on the 26th May 2011. i was suppose to go back for the second shot in August but decided not to as my fiance and i would like to start a family soon.
my question is, that for the past week i have noticed brown spotting on my panties on 3 different occasions, it does not have any smell. i am still yet to see a period after 6 months. i have been having slight abdominal pain, and tenderness on the underside of my left breast. is this all side affects of the depo shot? is there a possibility of falling pregnant without a period? should i be worried?
any help would be muchly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|