Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Periods and depo

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I was on the depo injection for 6 years and came off of it to give my body a break i strated getting really bad abnominal cramps and they were even worse when i started my period and a week leading up to it. I went to the doctor they did a few tests then reffered me to gynae. I had a laparoscopy and had the minute bit of endimitriosis but my consultant said that it shouldnt of been enough to cause me that much pain. They had removed it anyway and said that the only thing that they could think of was that i am one of these women who get extreme pain when i ovulate. As my depo stopped my periods altogethyer he recommended that i went back on the depo or if me and my partner were ready to have a baby was to get preganant. well that was all well and good but my partner had had a vesectomy done from a previous marriage. so until we got the funds together i went back onto my depo injection he has now had the op done and it was a success however i was only on my depo for 2 months (2 doses of the injection) I bled 2 weeks before my depo was meant to be due but was only very light then i stopped for a week now i'm bleeding every other day or will bleed for a couple of days and then it'll stop then carry on. its not hevy which is unusual as i normally have very heavy periods. its not enough to put the smallest tampon in and if i put a sanatery towel on nothing appears until you wipe. i'm getting cramping sensations like contractions and then i get an almighty stabbing pain and usually i would bleed but nothing comes. am really tired and warn out with it all me and my partner are trying for a baby but whilst i'm like this its not fun at all and both getting frustrated. i have recently been to the docs for a smear and swabs incase there was an infection but results have come back fine. anyone any ideas please !
Did you find this post helpful?
|