Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Period wont stop and bleeding heavily

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
i have been on my period for over a month, an d only stoped for about 4 days then started back again. i am bleeding soo bad that i have never seen my pad feel so heavy ani am using a pad and a stick and i am changing both before a hour is up even sometimes 30 min. i usually bleed a lil in between periods but this time it wont stop and its so heavy i dont have medical ins so what can i do???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 3rd, 2009
Especially eHealthy
You need to contact your doctor or go to the emergency room. Not having health insurance is no reason to ignore your health. In fact, MOST doctors/hospitals have financial aide and/or payment plans to help you with your medical costs.

FYI: I'll bet I pay more for my health insurance this month than it costs you to go get checked out!
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2009
Supporter
let me tell you what happened to me.
last year i started bleeding for a month.
i seen my doctor and found out i have a cyst on my ovary.
so they wanted me to see the doctor every month to see if it will go away or get bigger so they can preform surgery.
it's been a year later and i had a surgery called

hysteroscopy (camera in vagina) and D&C (scrap the lining on my uterus) this is what was making me bleed so much.
i was put on depo, but i started bleeding for 1 1/2 months and had side effects, so im on birth control now and doing fine.

the doctors scared me with the "think about a hysterectomy" when i am only 32 with 1 child.
it took them a year to figure out what's wrong with me, and two different special ob/gyn doctors.

they have to rule out cancer, tumors, fibroids, blood clotting, and imbalance hormones.
so you have to go to the emergency room, they will tell you to see your doctor for follow up.
you have to try to find a family planning clinic that will go by your income. this problem is serious.
take iron pills, so you wont become anemic from loosing so much blood. note that some iron pills constipate you.
|

replied June 16th, 2009
you know, i am going through kind of the same thing. i am on seasonique, a birthcontrol and i am only supossed to have one period every 3 months. sometimes i spot in-between but that is normal. i have been constantly bleeding heavily (but it has slowed down a bit and is not so heavy now) for two weeks. i went to the er this past friday night but they didn't know why i was bleeding.

would the er have seen a cyst in my overy? because i would like to know what is going on with my body.
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2009
Supporter
i have a cyst on my right ovary. these things can come and go, but they could stay and get really big and that's when they would have to do something about it. the way they can find out if you have a cyst is if they use a utltrashound or sonogram machine. as if your pregnant and theyre trying to see your baby...same machine.
do you have insurance because the er always tell you to follow up with your doctor. my doctor put me through a serious of tests to make sure i dont have an infection, fibroid tumor, cancer, etc when i was bleeding heavy.
but your birth control could be the culprit. research the side effects of your pill on the net first. you might need to get on a different birth control pill.
one birth control made me gain weight, but another i had no side effects.
|