Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Period twice in one month, now several days late.

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
So I got my period around the regular time (the beginning of December). I started taking the pill for two weeks but it didn't agree with me at all. I stopped taking the pills and started my period two days after (25th of December). I am now a few days late (if my cycle is 28 days and not the 36 that it sometimes is) I have three of the symptoms that I usually get before my period and my cervix is hard, slightly open and in between the middle and the top.

Am I late because my body hasn't replenished long enough after the last two periods? or is it just because of the hormone changes?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Since you have had the withdrawal bleeding after stopping with birth control pill use, your next normal periods might get delayed (due to hormonal and endometrial changes). To arrive at your next expected period date, count the usual menstrual cycle length starting with first day of your withdrawal bleed. If you miss your periods or if you get abnormal bleeding, or if periods do not start within 10 days of expected period dates, visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation and assistance.
Take care.

|

replied January 30th, 2012
Heavy prolonged period
Hi I had a period at the beginning of this month for a few days but was very light.had a week no bleeding then started again but in a lot if pain and very heavy.been on now for 2
weeks with a lot of back pain and cramps.bleeding not easing.also very emotional at the start if the month.could it be a miscarry.
|

replied July 30th, 2012
I had my period at the first of June and then it came on again on the 27th and lasted till the 1st of July. I had unprotected sex sometime in July and now my period hasnt came on yet and its July 30. Could it be that my period is late because it came on twice in June and its skipping a month or could I be pregnant ? please help !!!
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.