Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

period 3 times in a month? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I hope someone can shed some light on my problem. I got my period June 1 it lasted for 5 days. Then I started to bleed again on the 17th. It was very light didn't even really have to wear anything just panty liners. That lasted for 6 days and now I am bleeding again and it is July 2nd. It just started today and has been very light like it was before. This is very very unusual for me. I am somtimes late with my period, but that is usually cause I am stressed out, but this has never happened to me before. What could be going on
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper snowbunny1384
|

User Profile
replied July 2nd, 2009
Supporter
How old are you? I'm 44 and I also had this happen twice this month for the first time. I really thought I was starting pre-menopause but after visiting my GYN today he says I'm not. He was concerned that something else was going on and ordered a sonogram for next week. I also had a lot of pain during the exam which was not normal. My cervix was also closed. Very strange. I would also like to know what this means?
|

replied July 3rd, 2009
I am only 25. My period is usually pretty normal. I haven't had any cramps or anything either with the bleeding which I usually get the first day my period starts. I'm not sure what is going on, but if this continues to happen i guess i'll have to go see my doc and see if they can help
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2009
Supporter
Yes, I would advise you to see your doctor. My doctor told me yesterday that it wasn't normal to bleed more than once a month. He said that something else could be going on and is doing an ultrasound next Friday. Get it checked out.
|

replied July 3rd, 2009
Ok Thanks for the advice. I will be calling my doctor
|

replied June 5th, 2010
bleeding 3 times in a month
Hii snowbunny...id like to know what the doctor said because the same has happened 2 me...and i have an appointment next week and am realy scared
|

replied June 10th, 2010
I am 25 and I also have this same problem. Except all of my periods this month have been the full thing. the first one started on May 7 and ended on the 17th. Then the second one started on May 23 and just ended on June 2. Now I just started my third period. I will be looking for a doctor tomorrow in my book. I will be getting an appointment as soon as I can to figure out what is wrong.
|

replied June 17th, 2010
Confused!!!
Im 17 and i got my period may 28th and it lasted 2 days and was light then i got my period again june 5th to the 8th and it was light also and then again today and its also very light... im a bit scared and confused!!
|

replied August 5th, 2013
I'm 17 also & I got mine the beginning of July for a full 6 days went a full week without then the 3rd week of July I got it again. It lasted for about 5 days but it was very light. Then lay Friday I got it a third time. This is my 4th day on my 3rd period. I'm really scared. I can't even go to the GYN cause my parents aren't aware of me having sex. So if anyone finds out what this maybe, please reply and let me know. I'm very worried.
|

replied July 8th, 2010
worry
Hi, my mom is about 48 and she has had her period 3 times in this month. I don't know what happened yet but I am worry to death. What doctors said about you guys? Can someone shed some light to relief my worry? She also said she is feeling dizzy all the time. Is it menopause sign and just simple hormone issues that happens during menopause?
|

replied October 25th, 2010
period 3 times this month
I am 26 and I had cervical cancer when I was 23 and it has been gone for 2 years now but just this past month I have had 3 periods and I just had a sono today and they said everything looked good but they took some blood to check my counts so if anyone has an idea what it could be please respond thanks.
|

replied February 25th, 2011
Hi I also have this problem now. My 3d period started, and pretty heavy... I told my mom , and she said she had the same problem before and her doctor found plump in her utters. She said that they always do operation for young women with this problem, but as my mom is close to 50, doctor said that menopause might help that plump to disappear . But what do I have to do? I'm in another country than my mom. Having an appointment on Monday. Definitely going to do ultrasound...
21 year old
|

replied April 24th, 2011
multiple periods in one month
I am 24 and my period has seemed to last almost all month with just a few days of no bleeding. I only had a few minor cramps the first couple of days but more and more headaches. It has been almost a month straight some of it is light, some medium, some of it red and other times brown. it has not been heavy enough tho to use anything more than a panty liner. I dont have any insurance and im getting more and more tired and drained feeling. if anyone can help that would be great...oh and im not on any kind of B.C.
|

replied April 25th, 2011
Bleeding problems?
I have had no period for the past four months and I started a noraml one, and it quit for a while. Then all of a sudden I am bleeding like every day, it has been this way for the past month. I am tired all the time and I get these headaches as well. I don't know what is going on, please help.
|

replied September 25th, 2012
did you find out whats wrong im havin the same thing please help
|

replied August 1st, 2011
3 periods in 1 month.
Ive been on my period 3 times in 1 month..Ive been feeling dizzy tierd and my legs have been like jelly a few days, Im quite anxious about things at the moment but thats usually something that stops it isnt it?? Help of what this could be would be brilliant. And should i be worrying? Thankyou.
|

replied August 8th, 2011
I have the same problem but im about to be on my 4 period i had my period on june 22 and finished on the 27th and started again july 4 and finished july 10 and started again on july 30th and just finished on the 5 and im cramping really really bad and i think im about to start again does anyone know what might be wrong ???
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2011
We all need to lay out what we have in common..
Like if we are taking birth control, on any meds, lost weight and stress levels..

I have been on the pill for while. I went off cause I ran out and didn't here back from my doc in time.. I didn't get my period for 7 weeks.. I thought I was prego! haha I had my period on july 19- july 25 .. then I got it on july30th until aug 6th.. I had a pap done today and tore so I was spotting and I was sore.. I just thought it was from the pap.. but I guess its my period.. again.. This has happened to me before when I had surgery and went off the pill again.. I have lost 56 pounds because I have been taken off steroids.. I also I have Lupus, Arthritis and Fibro.. I am only 20.. Having an illness is very stressful but stress i can handle.. I am going to call my doc in the morning and make sure that I am okay..
|

replied August 21st, 2011
I am only 28 and for the past 4 yrs I have had anywhere between two to three periods in one month...my first one this month started aug 3 ended aug 10...my second one started aug 13 and ended aug 18 and my third one started aug 20 and still going...every period has been very crampy, very heavy as in two pads every hour,headaches. tired all the time. been to the doctors and they havent been able to tell me whats wrong
|

replied August 21st, 2011
I am only 28 and for the past 4 yrs I have had anywhere between two to three periods in one month...my first one this month started aug 3 ended aug 10...my second one started aug 13 and ended aug 18 and my third one started aug 20 and still going...every period has been very crampy, very heavy as in two pads every hour,headaches. tired all the time. been to the doctors and they havent been able to tell me whats wrong
|

replied September 10th, 2011
Im not stressed and I am eating healthy everyday and I'm having my third period this month right now..Im 19 and have been having my period when i was 14 and nothing like this has EVER happened to me. Im kind of freaking out.
|

replied November 2nd, 2011
3rd time..
Im 15 and I dont know if something is wrong or if im just over stressed. But this month and last month it was like 2 per month which is really weird there was like 2 weeks or less in between but this month there is like 3 i just ended last wednesday and it started yesterday (tuesday) so less than a week. Im really confused.. I dont know what to do.
|

replied November 17th, 2011
Any Answers?
Did anyone ever get any answers from their doctors about this?
|