Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Period late after tubes tied ?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I had my tubes tied 4 yrs ago.. My period has been regular..But now it's two weeks late. I have lower cramps and back ach..With no bleeding.. My breast are sore and my engery level is very low..Could i be pregnant?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 16th, 2010
Menstruation Answer A16132
Hello,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Sometimes tubes can get recanalized after few years of being tied. This can happen due to spontaneous recanalization or slipping off of the ligatures/clips used for tying them. If this happens you can get pregnant again. If there is partial recanalization or you get pregnant with tubes still being tied, then chances of ectopic pregnancy are high.
If you are having definite symptoms suggesting pregnancy, then do not delay your visit to your gynecologist for an examination and tests (HCG levels and ultrasound scan) to confirm the pregnancy and most important, the site of pregnancy.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.