Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Period lasts only 1 day

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
I menstruate every month after the 28th day, but the problem is that my period only lasts 1 day, the second day I barely even spot, eveything is almost gone by the end of the 1st day. Is is the estrogen level? I want to have a baby soon, will I be able to?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 28th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Having a baby depends on you ovulating, not the length of your period. You will have to determine if you ovulate. Basal body temperature (BBT) and tracking your cervical mucus changes will help you with it. You can also use an ovulation test kit.

A 1 day period is unusual but at least it does show that your uterus prepares for implantation. Do you bleed very heavy in that day?
|

replied August 31st, 2009
I do bleed heavy on the first and only day of my period but not as I used to, this change started a little more than a year ago, that´s why I´m worried. What can this mean?
|

replied September 6th, 2009
I have the same problem. My periods used to be five days long, with the first three days being heavy and the fourth and fifth days much lighter. However, for the last two years, my period lasts only two days. The first day is normal, but the second day is very light and then nothing further. What could be the reason for this?
|

replied September 10th, 2009
I have had 3 normal pregnancies and deliveries. I am 28 years old and in the last 2 years my periods have gone from 4-5 days to 1. Same as you. I think as long as you have a period at all that is a good sign of fertility. I am low on progesterone which helps the body stay pregnant. I am finished having children but I would suggest that you talk to your doctor about supplemental progesterone shots before ttc. Good luck.
|

replied September 12th, 2009
It could indicate a hormal problem but it could also be normal for you. You should really see a doctor to determine the reason. They will do bloodwork and possibly ultrasounds for a cycle to see what is going on. Do this for the baby you will have to make sure everything is ok. Best of luck!
|

replied October 29th, 2009
yep me too i had my tubes tied 3 years ago and was hving normal 5 day periods and then the last few months it has become maybe 2 days at the longest the last one was a day. it started out real heavy then later that evening basically nothing it was done what could be wrong?
|