Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

period lasting 4 weeks

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi,

I have a question regarding my period. I have very unusually had a period which has continued for 4 weeks. I have a period every month which lasts for 5 - 6 days thats been the situation since a teenager. I am on no birth control and have not taken any pill for 15 or more years. I have 3 children youngest is 6 years old. Never had any issue with getting pregnant. I am having mild cramps but not that often maybe a few each week since this 4 week period. Might I be pregnant? well I certainly dont feel pregnant, I could be but I dont feel as though I am. I havent been to the doctor as I was rather hoping my period would have gone by now. I have never bled for this long the longest I have bled for is just after a baby and that was only for a week to 10 days if I remember correctly. Please advise as to why I am experiencing this.
My breasts are tender but they always are during a period. I havent changed my diet, I am a fit 5 foot 7 inch female who weighs 9 stone, size 10.... I dont smoke - very anti, hate it, and I have a few glasses of wine per week. I dont really do any exercising but am always gardening cleaning running around with the kids etc. I consider myself fit as I dont get out of breath and in the summer months usually enjoy swimming water skiing and pretty active pastimes.

Please advise Question

Thanks in advance
Did you find this post helpful?
|