Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Period for 2 weeks

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I've had my period now for 17 days now.

when it first started it was really dark and thick. i read online that it could be because my last period didn't get everything out and it was just what was left in there from last time. i thought it was normal because my last period was much lighter and shorted then my normal ones. the only problem that i have ever had with my periods is that i get lots of cramps that hurt like hell. my period started on the 24th of december. (what a day right? haha) and it stayed light, thick, and with a dark color for a few days, i'd say about 4 days, then i got my real period and i still have it. i've had almost no cramping at all. and just the other day it was dying down and i thought it would stop, but it started right back up again. so now not only have i had this for 2 weeks i also got it 2 times!

i'm going to call my doctor today, but i just wanted someone to tell me what they think. so i can clear my head a little bit. thanks for any help. it means a lot.

p.s. i'm only 19 and have had my period normal for years now. thanks again.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Selena19
|

replied January 22nd, 2010
Period for 14 days
Im having the same problem and I am 23 and I dont have insurance to just call a doctor what was your results to having your period for 17 days????
|

replied May 15th, 2011
I'm currently having the same problem! I'm 19, had my normal period, 10 days later it came back but very light...no cramps, and it's stuck round for a little over 2 weeks now...can anyone help!?
|

replied September 29th, 2011
im going through this now, did you find anything out?
|

replied April 26th, 2012
Im 17, I have had irregular periods since I was 15 and I've also had my period for 2 weeks I'm pretty scared. I have no insurance and my parents don't have money for a doctor. It's stressing me out. Someone please help me.
|

replied June 13th, 2012
I am 16, and I have had a normal period for 5 years now. I've been on my period since May 10th and is still on it today (June 13th) it goes from bein real heavy to bein so light I think it's bout to stop then it's right back up again to being heavy. But I don't know what's causing it. I'm tired all the time and I have major mood swings. Almost as if I was pregnant. But I have my period so that's a sign that I ain't. Does any ish have any idea what's goin on?
|

replied June 18th, 2012
I'm having a similar problem.
My boyfriend and I had sex about 2 and a half weeks ago and straight after I started bleeding but my period wasn't due. My period has been going since but for the first week it was really light and hardly any there so I thought I was just spotting, and this week it's gotten heavier and it's really bright. Also a week and a half ago I stopped taking the pill because my boufriend and I want to try for a baby. We have even having sex during my period. So days there is heaps of blood straight after sex and others there isn't but an hour or so later more comes out.
I had a miscarriage about 3 months ago and after the miscarriage I went onto the pill, so technically I was only on the pill for 2 months.
I'm not sure what to do. My sister had the same problem 2 years ago when she had her first kid. But she didn't go to the doctor.
And now I don't know what I want to do. So any help would be great!
|