Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

period every two weeks

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I'm 33 years old. I've always had a normal amount of bleeding and had a very normal 28 day cycle. About 3 or 4 months ago I started to get my period every 21 days. After about 3 or 4 cycles I have now started to get it every 14 days. I've had 5 periods over the last 8 weeks. I just got it again after 12 days. Whats happening to me? I want to get pregnant but have had 4 miscarriages. HELP
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Rositaa
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
I'd definitely go to the doctor about it. It's not necessarily antyhing serious, but you'll want to rule anything out.
|

replied June 8th, 2010
Menstruation every 14 days?
I'm a 44 year old female and I normally got my periods about every 24 days.
In the last 2 months I have been getting my cycle every 14 days.
I recently had my pap smear and it came back normal, and I have also had an ultrasound that came back normal as well. Can you give me any idea of what may be causing the change? Any suggestions or feedback is appreciated.
Thank you.
|

replied March 30th, 2011
Period every 2 weeks?
This just started for me also- I am 44 and started getting heavier periods every 2 weeks- did you find out why?
|

replied January 6th, 2013
Heavy periods, shorter cycles
Hi, I am 45 and had irregular periods over the past few years. If you are in peri menopause, the hormone changes result in a shorter cycle, it indicates you are not ovulating and the ovaries are beginning to fail.
After trying birth control pills, then the coil etc, and it really upset my system, causing other horrid complications, like migrane, weight gain, depression, I decided to go without artificial hormones.
The best thing for the heavy periods is to take NSAIDs like ponstan at the start of period, which stops prostaglandin production - prostaglandins increases bleeding. Then when you are having your heaviest days, take Cylakapron, 2 tabs x 3 times a day. I suffered terribly for over 3 years before I found this simple 'cure', it really helps manage the situation. It will stop you getting anaemic, heavy periods coming frequently are not good for you. Get well, xC
|

replied July 4th, 2010
menstural problems
Hi, Im the same I get my period like every 2 weeks and have on and off since i was 11. When i had my 2nd baby they discovered that i had a abnormal uterus. its a twin uterus and that im fertile in both sides. the period thing is just one side is on one cycle and the other is on another cycle. It is very rare to have this uterus but my advice is to ask your Dr to check if you have a bicornuate uterus.
best of luck with it all im hoping for a cure too dont worry!!!!
|

replied February 28th, 2011
periods every 2 weeks
I had the same problem when I was 15 and was diagnosed with ovarian cysts. I was prescribed medication by my doctor and after about a year I went back to my usual 28 day cycle. I am now 29 and the problem has come back. I am finding it difficult to fall pregnant as I can't work out when I'm ovulating.
|

replied July 19th, 2011
I just read your post. If you get ovulation kits off eBay they are £4 for 30 tests. Hope it helps
|

replied July 19th, 2011
I just read your post. If you get ovulation kits off eBay they are £4 for 30 tests. Hope it helps
|

replied August 31st, 2011
for the last 5 months i been getting a period every two weeks. Before this began, i actually missed a period but has been every 2 weeks since. Im 36, my dr said its just my body getting ready to not have babies and it should only happen a couple times, but its happened again.
|

replied August 31st, 2011
for the last 5 months i been getting a period every two weeks. Before this began, i actually missed a period but has been every 2 weeks since. Im 36, my dr said its just my body getting ready to not have babies and it should only happen a couple times, but its happened again. Ive never been on the pill and had my children young, when i was 17 and 19. They are both these ages now. Nothing else has changed
|

replied September 3rd, 2011
Menstruation changes can happen for a large number of reasons. My suggestion to you all is to consult your doctor and not stop until you have answers. Many doctors ignore our issues, but find a doctor that is willing to listen to you and help you out. Many of the treatments for irregular periods are the same treatments as pms symtpoms, so you need to insist that your doctor help you and listen to your needs.
|

replied October 20th, 2011
two periods in a month after stopping depo shots
i have 2 periods in a month after stopping Depo shots.sometimes spotting everyweek..is it normal? any idea out there?
|

replied October 23rd, 2011
I also need help on this issue I am 39 I had one depo shot back but in march 2011 and it has wreaked havoc with my periods ever since I had spotting all the time since I believed my doctor when he said this was normal
things looked like they were back to normal 2 weeks ago
(early october 2011) that was a normal heavy painful period like I used to have so I was happy that things were normal again but now 2 weeks later another painful heavy period I am just 2 weeks from being sterilisation but what I would really like is a hysterectomy as I have had cancerous cells burned off and also a small very carred cervix and 2 miscarriages but I have been trying for 5 years to convince 2 different GP's that I should have a hystrectomy my husband says I should have a consultation with a gynaecologist
|

replied November 9th, 2011
my periods are coming every 2 weeks , i want a kid badly !!
hello , im 18 & i gett my periods every 2 weeks , im only on them for 4-5 days , but i really want to have a baby!! i have grew up with children in my family & now i watch my baby cousin who is only turned 1 , i have another cousin who me & my boyfriend watched until he was 3 weeks old right up to he was 1 , and its really made us want a kid! , we are engaged & have been trying for months but my periods are getting in the way for things , but my doctor told me to go on the pill , but thats just wasting more time Sad , anyone got any advice ??

gemma x
|

replied March 8th, 2012
Finish growing up first! Your grammar suggests that you are still immature and you shouldn't have a baby just because you think somebody else's baby is cute! Children are not toys. If you are having problems with your cycle, listen to what your doctor says. It may change your baby-making plans for a few years, but it could save your life! Too many people ignore what their bodies are telling them and end up with advanced cancer by the time they finally stop and pay attention to what their body is trying to tell them! Slow down, and take care of yourself before you try to add a baby into the equation!
|

replied February 20th, 2012
periods every two weeks
im 18 getting my periods every two weeks too , i came off the pill about 8 months ago and i am on my period for 7 days each time, its rediculous my sister sed she is having the same problem and not to worry, should i go to the doctors anyway, also i have been having alot of constant discharge for the past week????
|

replied October 22nd, 2012
Don't know what to do :(
I have the same problem I'm only sixteen. I get my period for 7days and then it comes back about a week after it went away. It's been happening the last 2months meaning I've had four periods within this time. I stopped taking the pill about 2weeks before this started happening. I went to my doctor to change my pill as it was causing bowel problems and haunt started new pill because of irregular period. I'm quite frankly over it. Don't know what to do about it though should I go see my doctor? I know I'm young and people are probably wondering why I have sex and stuff but I've been with my partner for 2years now and it's just frustrating having it all the time, not because I wanna have sex but it limits you from doing certain things becausenit can be dicomforting. Please help Sad
|

replied January 4th, 2013
Help what should I do?
I just started my period on my birthday Jan.3 very strange and i am 12 now but the strangest thing is that it comes out so heavy so i was wondering what to do and should i start wearing tampon or continue wearing pads
|

replied August 6th, 2013
Menstrual cycle every 2 waeeksa
I am 24 and am having the same issue. I am on my period every two weeks and its starting to concern me. I have no health insurance and am not sure how to get this under control. My concern is i have ahd PID in the past 8 months and i have had ovarian cysts in the past as well. So does anyone have any suggestions as for what could be causing this
|

replied September 11th, 2013
i'm 24 and for the past 2 months ,i have periods twice a month... have excess hair growth . as per doctor's advice, i tuk ultrasound scan but results were normal. wat cud b the reason? can anyone help?
|

replied September 19th, 2013
Hi everyone I am 23 years old. I feel a little better knowing that I am not the only person going through this. I pulled a muscle in my side and I had a uti about 1month and 1/2 ago. Since then I have gotten a period every 2weeks. I am usually light to wear I wear panty liners. But since the change it has been overly heavy to where I am changing every 30 mins or so. Can someone help me before I go to the doctor. Thank you
|

replied October 7th, 2013
My daughter is 10 years old and she got her menstruation on sep 9 th first time and 2 nd time on 27 th of sep and 3 rd time on 7 th of oct....am worrying a lot about her cycles....is everything normal....feeling something is wrong....plz advise...
|