Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Period 7 days late (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
First off, I am really health. My periods are very regular, every 35 days I have my period, and on the 21st-23rd day I ovulate. I have charted my cycles, and I am VERY familiar with my body and know what is going on for the most part. I have not been charting for the last year, but I do keep track with regular temp. taking in the morning, and watching my cervical fluid and other changes in my body. I have been trying to get pregnant for the last three years. I have been to the doctor, and every thing checks out great. Well this month, is very different. My period is seven days late today! My last menstral cycle was December 2, 2008, today is JANUARY 14,2009!!

I KNOW that I ovulated before Christmas, I also know that I had unprotected sex during the time that I was ovulating. I have never went this long without a period(today is my 42 day of this cycle). The only symptoms that I am having is fatige, nasua,this morning I vomited twice, and a full feeling in my abdomen. Also tonight I started having a pressure like( no pain involved) on my left side, where I know my ovary to be. I kind of feels like gas. My breast are not sore or swollen, I am havng NO cramps, but some very dual back pain, more towards the middle than the top or bottom of my back. I do seem to be more sensetive to smells, they don't make me sick , I can just notice them more. I seem to be slightly more moody, I am having some dizzy spells, that do not last long, and are not frequent, I don't think I am going to the bathroom more often, but I might be making one or two trips more than usual. One other thing, my vagina and cervix are WET AND SOFT.

I am going out of my mind! Please someone help me, I have never been pregnant before. I had surgery the first week of September 2008, (laporoscopy)just to see why I was not getting pregnant. The doctor determined that I have no scar tissue from previous lap., no endometriosis, no ovarian cysts, everything looked great!! PLEASE HELP ME!!! I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER I WILL BE SANE!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper elizabethbryant
|
Users who thank elizabethbryant for this post: iluvsnape 

replied January 14th, 2009
if its anything to go my me, i had all the symptons you describe when i was pregnant with all my 3 kids. strong smells, moody, fatigue and visiting the bathroom more often. hope all goes well for you, keep me posted and the very best of luck.
|

replied January 15th, 2009
have you taken a HPT? might be an idea if you haven't . Even if its negative you might want to go for beta to check your hcg.
good luck
|

replied January 15th, 2009
Thank you! I have taken a hpt and it can up negative, today marks day 8, and guess what no period. I would be so thrilled to be pregnant!! My symptoms do seem to be getting stronger. My breast are achy, they don't hurt to touch, but are achy. I vomited yesterday morning twice, for no reason, I am NOT a big vomiter, I have a strong stomach. And today for lunch, I am having the WORST time eating my favorite chinese food! I had to put it away, because I don't want it. I want to wait a little longer before I get a blood test done, I am afraid that I will be just setting my self up for a failure...again. I have just never experienced what I am going through now. I can tell a difference, that I can't explain. But after 3yrs of trying, and 36 months of let downs, I AM JUST SO CONFUSED!! Thank oyu everyone who is trying to help me see the light!!
|

replied January 24th, 2009
Okay, so now it has been 18 days and still no period
I am on day 50 of my cycle, 18 days late, and still no period! the test's are negative, I know that I am health, I have been checked recently, and everything was fine. I have noticed that my cervix is a little harder, what does this mean? PLease help, I am so confused!
|

User Profile
Supporter
18 days is pretty long! Did you go to the doctor, so they can do a pregnancy test and blood tests and what not? Are you still having fatigue and nausea?
|

18 days
No I keep getting neg. test's at home, and I really don't want to take a half day off work to go to the doctor if I am not pregnant. I really think that I am, but I want to make sure. I haven't tested sicne day 11 of being late. I think by next tuesday, I might call the doctor. Until then I am taking care of myself, and acting like I am pregnant. I'm just scared, we've been trying for 3yrs with nothing but disappointments. I am still nauseas and I am still suffering from fatigue, but because I have never been pregnant, I am afraid that this is all in my head somehow. I just don't know how I can do this much to myself, without really being pregnant!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Oh hunny I hope you get a positive soon!!! That is weird how you keep getting negatives...And just keep acting like you are prego till you can get into a doctor, I would rather be safe than sorry! Keep me posted!
|

replied February 24th, 2009
baby!
Hi,
I have a beautiful 11month old daughter and me and my partner are TTC for another baby.
I think i ovulated 6 days ago the 12th of Feb 2009. I have cramping in my lower left hand side of my abdamon, I also have lower back pain and notice a creamy thick mucus aswell and I have a spongy wet cervix. Can somebody please tell me if you think it's a sign of pregnancy! Or am i just getting my hopes up?? Chillie. xx
|

Experienced User
Elizabethbryant
Have you tried a digital test? I tried a regular one and it was negative then tried a digital one and it was positive.
|

Hi Elizabeth,
I haven't yet, I think you have to wait at least 10 days.
Did you end up going to the Dr to have a pregnancy test? Chillie. xx
|

Experienced User
Chillie
Did you have sex during the time you think you ovulated? Have you had a missed period? Usually you ovulate 11 days after you start your period, if you have regular periods. If you have sex during that time you could get pregnant. If you haven't had a missed period it's too early to tell. Sometimes the hormone doesn't show up for 2-3 weeks after your missed period.
|

Hi michianderson,
I did have sex during ovlation (I hope) and I'm due for my periods in a week.
I think because I want to be pregnant so bad, I'm talking my self in to having pregnacy symptoms!! I know I shouldn't be getting to excited...
Chillie. X x
|

replied March 10th, 2009
hie
i have experinced periods twice, the other time i missed two periods and had heavy bleeding afterwards. this time i am now 7 days late i just pray i am pregnant. i have done urine tests the last times and they we negative. was i miscarrying or something. i have not gone to see a doctor as yet
|

replied April 8th, 2010
42 days late
Im 20 years old.Its been 42 days and i still havnt got my period, i am usually irregular but this is the first time its this late..
Iv had sore breasts and lower andominal pain for the last 2 weeks.
Iv been trying to get pregnant for a year now, iv had all my tests done and i am quite healthy.
Iv got a pregnancy test thats waiting in my drawer, im scared to get a negative.. if it is a positive result ill have good news for my husband on our anniversary.
|

replied June 16th, 2010
well last week I was looking on here for answers, after being told I was infertile 15 years ago, I found out on monday I was pregnant after being 7 days late for my period (which is not really unusual) I was adament I was going to come on my period as I had (and still do have) period pain cramps, so for all you people out there it does happen you can have all the period symptoms, the only thing that was slightly and I mean slightly diff, was my breasts were tender all over not just at the sides, I wish all you woman hoping to concieve all the best and miracles do happen I am living proof
|

replied June 22nd, 2010
mzrabia
im 16 weeks pregnant now, baby bump is slightly there.
im so excited i did have great news for my hubby on our anniversary!!
My pregnancy is so well i hardly kno im pregnant. I cant wait to feel my baby move.. Dont ever give up ur hope, ull recieve good news wen u least expect it!! Smile
|

replied January 4th, 2011
i am healthy had all my checks.i am getting really worried cause i am 7 days late i have period pains but no blood i had sex on day 22 of my last period i had spotting today i have really thick discharge and headaches apart from that no other symptoms
|

replied September 3rd, 2012
could I be pregnant
I am going through the exact same thing but am afraid to go buy a test than turn around and maybe start my period in the same day. The only difference with us is that I am on the pill and I don't know if pregnancy is a possibility.
|

replied September 3rd, 2012
I am going through the exact same thing but am afraid to go buy a test than turn around and maybe start my period in the same day. The only difference with us is that I am on the pill and I don't know if pregnancy is a possibility.
|

User Profile
replied December 23rd, 2011
Seven Days late and with a negative hpt
i was suppose to get my period on the 16th of december and nothing its already the 23 of and nothing .. the funny thing was that on the 5th of dec. and 6th dec. i had spotting both mornings only i was wondering if possibly that could of been implantation bleeding?? idk i already and it was Negative. so confuse! i want a positive already! iam so fustrated!
|

replied December 28th, 2011
can i ask..i take HPT but its negative..now..im 8 days late..it is possible that im pregnant..by the way my period is irregular..help me pls..
|
12 >>