Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Period 8 days early

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi, I wonder if someone could possibly help to put my mind at ease!
Me and my husband had unprotected sex on 25th Decemeber, then on 29th December I had some blood spots, not alot! then the day after it was a little more blood but like real blood and not the usual period blood....Then it stopped for a day and then came back for a day! It was accompanied by cramping. This has now stopped and been replaced by white sticky discharge, again not alot! My period is due on the 5th of January (tomorrow) and I did a pregnancy test today which came back negative! I have felt a little sick all day, its like a hunger sick, but I am eating?
I would like to note that the bleeding was for approx 4 days on and off, and looked like I had cut myself, but again it was nothing like my periods at all.
I also was treated for thrush about 3 weeks ago, which cleared up straight away (Well 2-3 days)with a tablet!

I am confused as to whether my symptoms are pregnancy and if so why would a test turn out negative.
Or could it be some sort of infection from having thrush??? (Even though I no longer have thrush, or any symptoms of thrush e.g Itching, there is also no smell what so ever (Sorry TMI)?

Kind Regards
Kelly
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 5th, 2009
I have been having a similar hunger/nausea feeling, took three pregnancy tests which were all negative, but am still worried.

Is it possible you were scratched during intercourse or maybe w/ a finger? I would wait for your period, see if it is normal, and take a couple more tests. Good luck!
|

replied January 5th, 2009
The blood only came 4 days later, so I dont think it was a scratch...and my period was due today 5th! (I thought it was 5th tomorrow).
I feel so so tired also....I have made an appointment with the doctor for thursday, but if still no period tomorrow, I will do another test!
Also, does anyone know how long after implantation does it take to produce the hcg hormone....enough to test positive?
thanks in advance. x
|

replied March 2nd, 2009
I think its 5-7 days, but even over the counter tests can be wrong. Hope everything turned out okay.
|

replied March 3rd, 2009
Yeah, well I am approx 10 weeks pregnant now!
Thanks for your replies.
|