Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Period 1 Day, Then Spotting

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Okay so i'm really wondering what's going on with me...I was due to start my period on the 19th of this month...which i started bleeding in the afternoon and then stopped bleeding like 7 hours later. the weird part about it was that it wasn't as heavy as it normally is and on top of that i've always had a steady period that lasts 5 or 6 days. but after i stopped bleeding i started spotting, not even enough to have to use a tampon. just saw it when i wiped, it wasn't like a reddish color either it was more of a darker color.
If it makes a difference my boyfriend and I never use protection when we have sex... and have been having sex for almost a year and i've never gotten pregnant. so we've never really worried about me getting pregnant cause he doesn't think he can have kids cause he's been kicked and hit too many times in the testicles.... any advice? Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 26th, 2008
I am going through a simular situation as yourself. my advice is to go for a blood test because urine test are not 100% accurate. If you are found not to be pregnant ask your doc what could cause your symptoms. I hope that you get the best possible news from your doctor. good luck mommy to be
|

replied September 26th, 2008
I am going through a simular situation as yourself. my advice is to go for a blood test because urine test are not 100% accurate. If you are found not to be pregnant ask your doc what could cause your symptoms. I hope that you get the best possible news from your doctor. good luck mommy to be
|

replied October 27th, 2008
The same exact thing happened to me. yet my HPT are neg. i am going tomorrow for an ultrasound cuz my dr said a cyst can cause a period like that along with a dull ach in pelvis. anyway good luck and i hope you get the answer you want.
|

replied October 28th, 2008
hey yeah let me know what happens with that because this month the same thing happened. but i dont have insurance so i havent gone to get checked out! so please let me know what ends up with the ultrasound! thanks
|

replied November 2nd, 2008
I went for my ultrasound and it was normal. However, the next day the pain in my pelvis got worse so my dr sent me to the ER and they did a CT scan and all types of bloodwork but it still came up normal. He told me my next step would be to see a surgeon about the pain cause he cant find a reason for it. it may be something like endometriosis. I was so scared because i am only 26 with 1 child and i know endo affects your fertility and i really want more children one day. But now i am going to my gyno tomorrow to see whats up. I heard that IBS can have the same symptoms of endo so i am hoping that is it NOT ENDO!! I am kind of scared they are gonna tell me i cant have anymore children and that is something that is important to me. So please wish me luck and i will let you know what happens. I also wish you the best of luck!!
|

replied November 7th, 2008
wow okay well i wish you luck! yeah i dunno i have been getting a lot of pains too!!! like today it hurt everytime i would get up! which was wierd cause i would be fine when i was sitting down except it would feel like something was in there you know! and idk its kinda scary!
|

replied November 8th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Im not scared because I get that sometimes and it won't be pregnancy with me because Im still a virgin (I think) and if I have had sex it was a very long time ago
|

replied December 31st, 2012
I don't know what's wrong. I was supposed to get my period the 26th of this month. I started bleeding as usual and then i started spotting, a small red/pink patch on my tampon...then absolutely nothing. I started spotting again this time it was brown, then again, nothing. Now today I started bleeding, I put another tampon in and I filled it up but I changed the tampon (just took it out) and again nothing! I feel nauseous, my back aches, and I'm tired. I feel some pressure in my lower stomach. I have one baby he'll be 1 come January 8th. I took a pregnancy test this morning and got a negative result. What is going on?
|