Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

period after anorexia- how long to get my period back?

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
i have had an eating disorder, i am 5'2 and i used to weigh 135. in a month i got down to 108. then i lost more, my lowest weight was 96 pounds. i have started eating again and i have gained up to 105lbs. i was wondering since i have started eating more how long will it take to get my period back??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 19th, 2012
come back period!
Hey there, good for you for gaining that weight back!! I used to be anorexic, and it took me about a year at being at a healthy weight to get mine back. I used to pray everyday to get my period! (you should have seen the strange looks I got at prayer meeting for THAT request, lol). However, that was just my experience. My advice would be, be sure you are at a healthy weight and have enough body fat in your system (since this is where estrogen is stored) and stay there! It will come back eventually. = )
|
Did you find this post helpful?