Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Perineal hernia ?

I was wondering if a human can get a perineal hernia? I am a 21 year old male and I have a lump about the length of my thumb but a bit fatter, it goes from my anus to my scrotum. I am wondering if it is a possible hernia or something else?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Perineal hernia happens in people, and appears as a sudden swelling in perineum, mostly in people with chronic constipation problem.
It can cause discomfort with sitting.
Another possibility for this lump is a sebaceous cyst, smooth to the touch, vary in size, round in shape growth, resulting from blocked sebaceous gland.
It is benign growth, that can be surgically excised.

See abdominal surgeon or general surgeon!
Best wishes!
Marija
|

i am waiting to go to the doctor in a couple of days, i think i have ruled out a hernia however because since i wrote this it popped almost like a pimple (its gross i know, sorry) and now the size has reduced significantly. so i am thinking a cyst or something? I really want to see a doctor about this....
|

User Profile
Re: Perineal hernia ?
Perineal hernia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Perineum in humans

The muscles of the male perineum

The muscles of the female perineum
Gray's subject #120 424
Perineal hernia is a hernia involving the perineum (pelvic floor). The hernia may contain fat, any part of the intestine, the rectum, or the bladder. It is known to occur in humans, dogs, and other mammals, and often appears as a sudden swelling to one side (sometimes both sides) of the anus.

A common cause of perineal hernia is surgery involving the perineum. Perineal hernia can be caused also by excessive straining to defecate (tenesmus). Other causes include prostate or urinary disease, constipation, anal sac disease (in dogs), and diarrhea[citation needed]. Atrophy of the levator ani muscle and disease of the pudendal nerve may also contribute to a perineal hernia.

**Thought this may be helpful - Yes humans can get perineal hernias...
|

replied November 13th, 2009
BassGuy

This to me sounds like a perianal abscess. You mentionend 'pimple' and 'reduced' in size...this to me suggests some sort of drainage of puss? If this is correct it indicates the presence of infection. Please see a doctor! While the drainage will relieve the pain temporarily an infection may still persist. Ask your family doctor to refer you to a colo-rectal surgeon or gastroenterologist.

I am not a doctor but a 22 year old male who has had similiar symptoms with the above mentioned diagnoses.
|

replied April 14th, 2012
i am a wamen , i had obdominal hernia repair a week ago im going throw abdominal pain and last night i woked up in a puddle of water and blood should i worry and what should i do?
|
Tags: hernia, male, lump
Quick Reply