Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

people always stare and laugh at me?

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
When I walk people always stare and laugh @ me. Especially boys. Sometimes I wonder whether it's something written on my face that encourages that reaction from them... Everywhere I go on campus people are watching me... funny... I'm all alone. Why do they do that!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2011
Depression Answer A27732
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Consider evaluating your walking posture and the carriage in a mirror. You can also consider visiting your doctor for further assistance to see if there are any postural abnormalities. Maintain correct posture or opt for posture training. Boys in your age can be irritating, try to ignore them and look at your positives and build your self esteem. You can also consider going ahead with counseling sessions to help you cope up with your feelings (if needed). All the best.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.