Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

Penis will not stay hard

Must Read
10% of men experience erectile dyfunction. When does a penis become erect? And what is ED? Start here for ED basics....
Can other medical conditions causes erection problems? Here we review the many potential causes of erectile dysfunction. ...
If you can't achieve an erection or control ejaculation, you might have Erectile Dysfunction. But what primary ED symptoms should you look for?...
If I play with it until close to ejaculation then I can complete sex. But not unless I masterbate first. Aslo when/if I masterbate during the day, morn or evening, generally it just stops and starts to get soft..My blood pressure is ok, I do have alot on my mind, just filed bankruptcy, worried about money as most people, I eat good no junk food, almost all the time anyway, I am 63 and have had this issue for a couple years now. I also notice somedays it seems like I get hot flashes ??
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper berserk
|

replied October 16th, 2009
Experienced User
This sounds like you are getting into the stage of male menopause especially getting the hotflashes its a good indicater of this. I would try to get your doctor to put you on either androgel or testim one of the 2 if you are a more severe case then you may need injections. I think in as little as 2 or 3 weeks on a transdermal testoterone cream of about 10g a day you should notice significante results in your erections. You may want to have him test your Thyroid and Adrenals though to make sure that they are functioning optimal cause these can lower testosterone as well but more than likely its just the T.
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hi Berserk,

What medications if any are you on? Oftentimes highblood pressure or heart medication can cause this in older gentlemen. Have a urologist run some tests on you or talk to your pharmacist.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|

replied October 22nd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Hey berserk
Stress absoltely affects libido and can impact your ability to obtain/maintain erection. It can also aggrivate conditions that cause problems with your sex drive. Regardless of other possible causes I'd reccomend finding a way to process the things on your mind and reduce the stress you're under.

At 63 you're actually past the point where hormonal issues can start to impact arousal responce. I'd definately suggest you talk to your doctor about what can be done to adress this. There's no reason a man in good health has to accept that his sex life is over at any age.
|

replied November 6th, 2009
Look into getting some Flopene!! I love it!!
|