Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

penis limp during sex

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Hi,

Im a male age 19. I dont take medication of any type.

I have this problem that i get and erection, start to do the do with my partner.

then a few minutes later, he goes limp (without ejaculation).

it easy to then get him hard again, but as soon as he goes back inside the vagina, he decides to go soft again.

this will continue for about 40mins to and hour, sometimes i will ejaculate, sometimes i wont.

its quite embarrassing, and it causing a bit of tension in our relationship (not because she minds, she says its not a problem, but because its making me not want to even try anymore).

I find my partner really attractive and i really want to have intercourse with her.

Do you think its psychological? or physical?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 8th, 2008
thought i should add...
i talked to my twin brother about this, and he says hes never experienced this with his partner.

[edit 2]
i just had sex, and it all worked great.
The problem in the above post had been going for a few weeks. i am still seeking answers from anyone who wants to help me out.
|

replied March 9th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
You can call "it" a penis. That's not a bad word. For a moment I thought you were gay and talking about your partner when you said "he gets limp", but when you mentioned the vagina I realised you were referring to your penis as "him". Haha!

It sounds like it's just anxiety to be honest. As you become more relaxed with your partner you will be able to stay hard easier. How about stop trying to have sex? Just let it happen; don't worry or focus or stress about getting hard and staying hard. Let it flow.
|

replied December 21st, 2008
penis gets limp before he ejaculates
i am a woman aged 21 and married each time my huby tries to have sex with me after foundling his penis gets shrink or soft again, please someone tell me the truth does it mean that he has someone that he has sex with apart from or is it a medical problem
|

replied March 8th, 2010
his penis doesn't get hard anymore
what can i do, my husband can't get it hard, it feels like it is hard but it is soft, no sexual pleasures for me, how can we correct this problem, or is it too late he is 50...I love my husband this is why i am asking you
|

replied November 20th, 2010
Limp penis.
Hello Tija!

Pertaining to your husbands issue, this could be due to a number of things. It is always a good idea to use the process of illimination; work your way up from the bottom, (least to greatest)depending on it's severity. Here are some things to look out for: 1. He might be maturbating to often. 2.It might be psychological(performance anxiety, stress.) 3. It might be due to bad habits... (e.g.High alcohol comsumption)4. Lack of exercise, and/or bad diet, as this can have negative effects on a persons health. Some examples would be: 1.High blood pressure. 2.High cholestorol/Trigliceryde levels. These issues can lead to bad blood circulation,(affecting the males erection)or even more serious...arterial, and heart disease. Tija, your right...having another partner could cause a man not to funtion in bed with his significant other;However, I can't tell you if your husband is guilty of foul play.What I can say is that please don't jump to conclusions unless you have been given a good reason to assume otherwise, by this I mean "proof" of his infidelity. What you could do is pay attention to 1. Is he is acting different,treating "you" different? 2. Is he doing "things" differently...for example:spending more time out/or away from the house. 3.Does he (all of the sudden) have extra curricular activities? 4.Has he changed in how he expresses himself to you,(e.g.hugging kissing, ect...?)I am just saying...If you are concerned about him possibly being with someone else, these are some things you could look out for. And finally, just make sure you have concrete evidence before you accuse your husband of cheating, because if your wrong this could open up a whole new can of worms. Just some friendly advise;I wish you and yours all the best.Good luck, and God bless!

Sincerely;
Pete
Father, and husband. P.S. Jazzeme...Please read related info.
Good luck, and God bless!
|