Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Penis itches and burning sensation while urinating

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
Hello, my penis recently started to itch like crazy. This is happening on the foreskin near the middle of my penis. By scratching it, it has formed these two dark spots, which itch frequently. Ever since the itching has occurred, I've applied cortizone to the itch and it has subsided, but I can feel the itching once in awhile. It doesn't itch as much, but it still does. I'm waiting for these spots to heal, but it seems to be taking awhile.

Something else has occurred that also has been bothering me. After the itching occurred, the tip of my penis started to feel his ache, almost like a rash. It's hard to describe, it definitely feels like an ache though. Also when I urinate I feel this sensation of burning.

I'm not sure if this is an STD or some kind of urinary tract infection. Does anyone have advice for me? I'm not sure if I should see a doctor or wait a few more days for the symptoms to subside. I've had sex before, but it's been awhile, almost two years.

I've waited a few weeks for the itch and burning to go away but it hasn't. I've been drinking a lot of water, but that doesn't seem to help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|