Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Penis Head(glans) fully covered all the time...

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Hello Doc,
I am 21 years old. I have a problem. My penis head(glans) is fully covered by foreskin during both normal and erected conditions. If I erect my penis and pull foreskin down to the non-painful extent, I can somewhat see its(glans') topmost portion(very small portion). I didn't practice masturbation during my teenage. I started masturbating just 2 years back at 19 years, that too by just rubbing my pants/inners. Rarely, I masturbated by rubbing foreskin up and down. I don't pull foreskin even when urinating. I never practiced pulling foreskin from my childhood and so my glans are completely covered I think. I know this is not normal and safe. What should be done. If I start practice rubbing/pulling up-down foreskin now, will I make it happen. If so, suggest me some exercises/techniques. If not, help me with a solution. I hope surgery is not the only one solution. Waiting for your reply...
(It seems my right testis is somewhat bigger than the other, but not much big. Do these two have any connection? Is it normal to have one testis bigger than the other?)
Thank You Doctor
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile alexin7
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2012
Well, it's not normal, but it's not that uncommon (1 in 20 or something), and it's not "unsafe", so don't feel so bad about it. Some men never correct it because they don't learn that they can, and they can have perfectly normal lives, but it really does help to clean to be able to retract the foreskin flaccid, and it really helps to have sex to be able to retract the foreskin fully and completely while erect.

Don't worry, surgery is not the only solution! (unless you're having issues with infections). I've seen some people say there are enzymes (hyaluronidase?) in semen that helps the foreskin loosen. I don't know if that's really true, but there's also corticosteroid cream that doctors can prescribe to thin the skin. This can help to stretch the skin if it's very thick (but it can also make the skin tear more easily once it's thin). The stretching has to be done slowly and carefully to prevent tearing. If you try to go to fast and tear the skin, it will only be harder to stretch after healing with scar tissue. So the basic idea is 5 to 15 min of gentle, painless stretching up to several times a day will make the phimotic ring grow wider. It may take weeks to months before it's finally totally stretched open enough for easy retraction when erect.

There's pretty much only one danger, and that's getting the tight ring trapped behind the glans when you have an erection. But once you've stretched it open enough, that won't be a risk anymore. (If it does get trapped, squeeze the blood out of the glans and put the foreskin back forward within a couple minutes or it could cause injury from oxygen deprivation.)

This might or might not be relevant to you, but one thing that can make the foreskin tighten is yeast. You might have (or have had) a yeast infection of the foreskin at some point. Cranberry can help a lot with yeast (and other pathogens to a lesser extent). Avoiding milk and cream is also pretty important for preventing and fighting yeast infections.

One testicle larger than the other might be nothing or it's also commonly a symptom of variocele, which is basically varicose veins in the scrotum. It's usually not harmful but a doctor can only tell you that after a testicular exam.
|
Users who thank alexin7 for this post: akashbabu24 

replied December 21st, 2012
Community Volunteer
|