Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Penicillin allergies and sex

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
User Profile
I'm taking penicillin for an infection that I had and my wife is allergic to penicillin. Can she get sick if we have sex?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2008
Allergies Answer A4397
Current medical status: Infected Gum
Current medical treatment: 2000mg of Penicillin a day

No, she can’t get sick because penicillin can’t enter into your wife’s body through sex.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Allergies , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.