Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Pelvic pressure

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have pelvic pressure that is intermittent; I started out very bloated with frequent stops to void urine and urgent bowel movements; no blood in the stool or bleeding anywhere else; but now less bloated but pressure still comes and goes; I had a urine culture that came back negative for infection; I also had a full CBC panel to see if I had anything bacterial or viral; it was also negative for this; I work in EMS and I do lift heavy patients; it appears that my symptoms are more exacerbated after lifting someone heavy; I did just recently have a back injury but these symptoms did not appear until over a month after this injury. I was medically cleared by my doctor for work. My personal physician stated that when he did a full assessment with palpation and auscultation with a stethoscope he did not hear anything unusual; bowl sounds were present and no signs of a AAA; he stated on palpation no feeling of mass or guarding; I felt no pain on palpation and when I sleep on my stomach it relieves the pressure; Any suggestions what this can be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2010
There are, unfortunately, multiple potential causes for the symptoms that you describe, and without being able to examine you, I am not going to be able to offer you any additional information, or diagnoses, than your own personal doctor.

While your symptoms may be related to irritable bowel syndrome, you should undergo a thorough work-up by a GI doctor to make sure that a more serious health problem is not causing these symptoms.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.