Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Pelvic Lymph nodes swollen, pain, and rash

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
For the past 3 days or so I have noticed that my pelvic lymph nodes on my left side have become swollen and actually hurt. The pain has also now moved back to the inside of my buttocks and down my leg and the inside by my knee is hurting. Yesterday I noticed a rash starting behind my leg that covers a 5"X 2" area. I just finished my period but have never had this happen ever before even without having it. If someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. Oh and I am an active 23 year old female and I have a pretty healthy diet.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Have you been to your doctor? This does not sound like it is related to your menses cycle. It almost sounds like a clot. Could also be a bug bite. Go see your gp and get this looked into. Sorry that is not much help but all I can tell you. All the best. Let us know what it is.
|

replied March 21st, 2008
not very helpful
Well I went to the doctor and the only real help he was is that he could prescribe something. He didn't feel my lymph nodes he didn't really ask all of my symptoms he really didn't say much at all. I told him and showed him my rash and said what I thought it might be and he pretty much agreed. I told him I thought it might be shingles but they didn't really itch or anything but I had the aching in the same area and close to the same area my rash was. So he prescribed Valtrex. I never really thought that shingles could be this painful though. My husband had it 2 years ago on his chest and face which apparently is a lot more dangerous because it could cause blindness. But his didn't really itch either. Hopefully this will take care of it. Only real problem is that the medicine makes me dizzy and nauseas.
|

replied March 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Shingles can be very painful. They are nasty. I hope the valtrex works to clear the condition. Be sure you don't touch the area and then touch other parts of your body, especially a mucus membrane, ie genital area, eyes, mouth etc. Shingles are a virus and you don't want to transfer the virus to other areas.

I hope you feel better soon. Try taking the valtrex with a meal. That may help the nausea.
|