Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Pelvic floor muscles and contipation

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I developed very slow transit time and thin stool, cramps lactose intolerance from I would sometimes go a week between bowel movements jan 2011-jan2012 after i was on antibiotic for 2 moths before this all happened....

I had a colonoscopy Monday Jan 30, 2012... The next day which was a Tuesday I had slight diarrhea relieving the rest of the colonoscopy prep.

That Thursday Feb 2 2012 I had to have a wisdom tooth pulled and was put on antibiotics for 8 days..now I know a colonoscopy can constipate you and I know antibiotics can constipate...so after the tooth was pulled I only ate soup and yogurt for about 5 days. No real food and I didn't drink much liquids.

Feb 6 and 7Th I had very small pebbles as bowel movements...I started s to take my probiotics and started to drink aloe Vera juice..
On feb 9,11,12th I had bowel movements that were very hard and bulky. I have never strained that much for a bowel movement in my life.

After that I developed a hemmroid .since the 3rd rock hard stool bowel movement it feels as if my anus is inflamed some what. I also get irritation running to my urethra.. and just an overall discomfort fro my pelvic area.I know my pelvic muscles were strained quite a bit 3 times in a row. I hope I can relieve this and it goes away I just don't know how I can relieve some of the pain. My whole pelvic area is sore and has a faint burning sensation. I hope I didn't damage anything.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

The cause of your symptoms is due to severe stress associated with the tooth removal, and the lack of proper food intake, after the procedure.

When you were on a limited and fluid based diet, for a long time, it is natural for you to have a low residue stool and resultant constipation.

Since it has been more than 1 month, since the procedure, you might have probably started to eat better as before. If you happen to have similar persisting soreness in the anorectal region, you can get some relief by application of Preparation H cream, which will relieve the discomfort and pain.

In addition, having Sitz bath, 2-3 times daily will be very helpful too.

In presence of constipation, you can take occasional over the counter laxatives, Fibre supplements like metamucil, and a high fibre rich diet which will be effective to relieve your constipation.

In case , the above measures, are not helpful, you might seek proper treatment and advise by consulting your doctor.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.