Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

PEEING MY PANTS WHEN I GET A BAD DRY HACKING COUGH

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
help. i can not controll my muscle when i get a bad cold with the dry hacking coughs. if i do not waer a poise pad, i would leak all over. it so bad that i am having diaper rash symptoms with out wearing a diaper. the lips are sore, and i do not know what to do.

help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 21st, 2009
Fairiekisses,

I have the same problem and I wouldn't be too concerned. I would suggest maybe seeing a doctor for your cough if it gets worse before it gets better or take cough medicine.

Good Luck.
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Have you tried Kegel exercises? They can really work for situations like this. Just clench the same muscle you use to stop your urine. Do several of these at a time 3 or 4 times a day. You can do them anytime, anywhere because no one can tell. They will strengthen the muscles so you have more control and tighten things up a bit, too.

It also sounds like you need to air things out "down there" more often if you are getting irritation. Are you using only all cotton pads and underwear? Are you making sure only to use gentle, unscented products (including the pads)? Maybe after you go to the bathroom at home, you can take off your undies for an hour or so, to let things breathe. Some cream on the irritation would help, too.

If your cough doesn't get better after a couple of weeks, I would defiantly see a doctor to make sure you don't have a persistent infection that is making you cough.

Hope you feel better soon.
|