Medical Questions > Parenting > Kids Health and Pediatrics Forum

Pediasure is good for my 8 yrs daughter

User Profile
Is Pediasure is good for my 8 yrs daughter for increase her height? and how much Pediasure u reccomended in a day?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2011
Kids Health and Pediatrics Answer A21216
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
Pediasure might be a good nutritional supplement for your 8 year old daughter but it cannot substitute for healthy and balanced natural diet which is so planned as to contain all the vital nutrients, minerals and trace elements.
As far as the height of your child is concerned that depends upon multiple factors besides nutrition such as parental height and has polygenic inheritance.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Pediatrics
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kids Health and Pediatrics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.