Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Forum

Peculiar Problems since Surgery.

Must Read
What is chronic fatigue syndrome? We outline the medical definition and different types of CFS in this intro section....
What causes chronic fatigue? And who does it affect? We outline the main factors doctors think contribute to CFS in this section....
Symptoms of chronic fatigue are also common to other disorders. Learn to identify CFS symptoms and when to seek medical help here....
Hello,
I used to work in health-care, and often did 72 hours a week. Following an accident at work, I had surgery to my C.Spine, having an A.C.D. & Fusion, at level 5/6. The operation was performed by a Neurosurgeon, in 2006.
Since the operation, I've had numerous & various infections, and have been treated with separate courses of antibiotics, as each infection has required. I often have raised ESR & CRP levels, when my blood is checked, and this is done approx. 4 times a year, or more depending on the results.
I was diagnosed with ME/CFS in 2008, after extensive scans & tests were carried out, which I've been told did not reveal anything significant. I have degenerative disc and osteoarthritis in most joints.
I've been to Pain Clinic, and seen Rheumatologist, where it was found that I had hypermobility condition, in childhood.
When I experience the Fatigue, of ME/CFS, it is Extreme and impossible for me to remain awake. Strangely, this is exactly the same as happened to me, when I was around 11-16 years old. My Parents (now deceased) could not wake me, and I could often sleep for a whole weekend. When this happened during the school days, then I had to take this time off from school. As far as I recall, this was never followed up with a doctor. I also experienced very, very severe abscesses, which my GP was very worried about, but it was a long time ago, so it was not investigated.
Do you think this is any particular condition, as I was only young when it first appeared, and it now seems to be repeating itself? What could this be?
Thanks for any help you can provide me with, to reach a diagnosis.
Regards, Thistle127
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper eHealthGuide
|

replied April 3rd, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank eHealthGuide for this post: Thistle127 
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.