Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Pea sized lump neck/hair line larger lump above it

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hello,
I'm a 26 year old healthy female. I'm a fitness trainer, I don't drink and I do not smoke. Over the last month I have had a few headaches, felt like my personality has been a bit different (lethargic, tired, somewhat depressed feeling). This past weeekend I had a mild headache that progressively worsened over the day and slept 16 hours straight. That night my boyfriend was rubbing the back of my head and felt a lump a bit larger than a pea on the right side of my neck/hairline and above that where the skull protrudes a bit on both sides ( i belive the optical bone nodule) is enlarged/swollen and tender to touch. I did not hit my head or anything. It's been here for three days and both are still here. Looking over the past few month for things out of the ordinary, noticed lump in groin when I was cutting for a photo shoot, I can't see it any more after gaining water weight and a few ponds back but can still feel it. And sometimes have mild abdominal cramping and one day had a few chest pains but haven't experience since (non related to menstraul cycl).. Just looking for some advice to see if someone has experienced this or seen this in there practice. I searched many forums etc but do t want to get caught up with 15 difffernt related issues. I currently am uninsured but don't want this to be something serious and brush it off or it be overreacting and waste money going somewhere.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2017
Welcome to e health forum.

It is very difficult to determine what the lumps could be from the description provided by you.

Most possible cause of the lumps could be due to enlarged lymph nodes or cysts.

Most possible cause can be due to lymph nodes. Lymph nodes are part of the lymphatic system, where white blood cells (lymphocytes) mature and ‎‎undergo clonal multiplication. The lymphocytes are important for fighting the infection and clearing the ‎‎viruses and bacteria from the body. Hence during any infection it is common for the lymph nodes to ‎‎increase in size and also become a bit tender (pain on application of pressure). ‎

If it is not causing any trouble or symptoms you can leave it alone. But if you are concerned and have symptoms like pain, or if the lump is growing in size gradually or if it feels hot and pulsatile, it would be advisable to consult a doctor for proper examination and medical advice.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Headache, Fitness
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.