Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

PCOS.

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
im taking Marvelon & Metformin together to get rid of my PCOS. how long does it take before the Cysts melt?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper theee_nikki_xo
|

replied March 20th, 2011
Hi! i have PCOS and im on narvelon , the cysts can go away on you ovaries but PCOS does not go away. PCOS can be treated but it cannot be cured. Hope this helps! x

Nikki x
|

replied March 20th, 2011
really?? i dddnt know that. ohemgee. but the marvelon works right?? i mean, the cysts go away?
|

replied March 20th, 2011
well ive been taking marvelon now for 2 month and sooo far soo good for mee, im not too sure whether they go away or not.Ask your Gp x
|

replied March 20th, 2011
well she told me it does. and ive been on it since June last year. so i wanted to stop taking it if it already melted away. Smile
|

replied March 20th, 2011
hope things work out for you Smile
|

replied March 20th, 2011
hope things work out for you Smile
|

replied March 20th, 2011
thanks. same with you. Smile
|

replied March 21st, 2011
I'm suffering from PCOS as well ! Sad
I don't know why my doctor hasn't prescribed me anything for them yet .. I went on birth control so I can regulate my period but instead I had negative side effects and my period would only last 2-3 days.
I'm starting to think I should take medicine.
Do you guys know if these cysts effect pregnancy? I'm scared I wont be able to have kids. How effective is the medicine?
|

replied March 21st, 2011
period of 2 to 3 days is ok. and yess. it does affect pregnancy. u wont be able to have kids cuz of that. they gave me Metformin and Marvelon. it melts the cysts. but that also depends on how far you are with the PCOS.
|

replied April 18th, 2011
i was told that i have PCOS! this affects fetility but it is still possible that you can have children Smile... speak to your doctor for more infomation ! Very Happy xx
|

replied September 7th, 2011
My sister an I have pcos and I got a mild case and my sister got the worst case and she took metformin and it didn't really do anything and now she is just ignoring t and she is doing fine. I do the same as my sister and I have also been fine.
|

replied September 18th, 2011
I have PCOS and I'm on Metphormin and Ocella (bcps). Does Marvelon or Narvelon (noticed the two different spellings) consider as a birth control pill or is it something that actually helps the cysts on the ovaries go away?
|

replied December 30th, 2011
I got diagnosed with PCOS and the doctor said to take Dronis for 3 ovulation cycles even though I dont have sex and dont worry about pregnancy why did she prescribe a birth control pill and is it safe? Will it affect if I want to bave babies later in life? HELP, I am confused.
|

replied January 23rd, 2012
The pcos is base on your physical ability,keep away the pcos and have an early completely recovery.
|
Tags: pcos
Quick Reply