Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

pcos and positive pregnancy test

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
So about 7 or 8 months ago my doctor diagnosed me as to having pcos. lately ive been feeling pregnant but read that pcos can make you feel that way. i decidded to take a pregnancy test just to rule it out before i called my dr to book an appointment to see about what i can do to get pregnant. i took a dollar store one and it came up positive. im shocked. can i trust a cheapy test? can pcos make a false positive? im kinda panicking lol
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

PCOD can cause problems in conceiving but it is not like that you cannot get pregnant with it.If the hormonal levels are normal and ovulation is occuring regularly then possibility of pregnancy is there.
Urine pregnancy tests are not completely reliable but it cannot be commented regarding the pregnancy without examining you.Get a Blood HCG test done for pregnancy determination.Kindly visit a Gynaecologist for evaluation.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.