Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

PCO and have irregular periods, is my treatment on track?

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
User Profile
I am having PCO and have irregular periods, i am taking letrozole and fostimon 75IU and did follicular study my right ovary showed as MSF(approx 25 no)and left ovary 13*13mm (MSF approx 25 no)and ET as 4.4mm on day 12. She recommend me to take 2 more fostimon injection and again a scan on 15th day. Can u please suggets me is my treatment on a right track, dying to conceive soon please help ?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2012
Ovulation and Ovaries Answer A31064
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is not impossible to conceive while having PCOS. It can be challenging and take time. PCOS usually responds to treatment with insulin modifiers as most common cause for PCOS is insulin resistance. Consider discussing with your treating doctor/gynecologist about getting started on these along with hormonal contraceptives for better control of PCOS and for regularization of periods. You can also consider discussing continuation of the current treatment with your treating gynecologist (especially if 3 cycles of it have not helped you). Once the PCOS is under control, ovulation inducers would be started to help you have more than 1 egg getting matured to increase chances of pregnancy. Endometrial thickness of 6mm or more is considered to be good for conception. If you are trying for pregnancy, monitor cervical mucus changes and the BBT (basal body temperature) charting to predict your ovulation (along with the follicular study) and time your intercourse for having fruitful results. Have intercourse in positions that allow for deeper penetration for high deposit of semen. Have diet with foods rich in zinc content to ensure better maturation of egg and sperms. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.