Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Passing painful stools with solid white lumps

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
For the last week or so I have had quite a bit of pain from passing stools. There are large white lumps in my stool, which feel as if they are tearing my rectum as they pass. Its is not constipation as the rest of my stools are soft, although they have been a dark green color and foul smelling which is unusual. I am finding that this problem is worsening with time which is concerning.

I'm not sure if this has any relevance, but I also had some abdominal pain during intercourse last week. This pain seems to have passed so I passed it off as nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2009
Supporter
Painful stools can be for many resaons and I wonder if your diet is part of the problem..You may need to be taking a stool softner and fiber even though you said the rest of the stools are dark green and softer..Are you eating a lot of green vegs? Could you have a stomach virus? Look on line at color of bowel movement-maybe that might help..KD
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply