Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Parotid Neoplasm Question

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I have a 11mm neoplasm in my parotid gland. Was not visible on CT-scan, but visible on ultrasound. Had FNA done with cytology results of heterogeneous population of lymphoid cells and scattered histiocytes. The findings favor a reactive (intraparotid) lymph node and suggest clinical and radiological correlation. My ENT recommended against surgery and said that in the meantime we'd monitor it and schedule a three-month follow-up. He said it was up to me if I wanted to get RPMI flow cytometry, but he didn't think I needed it, so I haven't gotten it. I like/trust my ENT, but I think it's always good to get a second opinion. I have a few questions:
1) Should I pursue getting RPMI flow cytometry or having anything else done?
2) What could be causing this?
3) What are the differences between a neoplasm, tumor and lymph node- if any?

I'd really appreciate any input/advice you have to offer. Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply