Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Panic Attacks and Self injury

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
Hi, lately whenever I have a panic attack about the dinner I'm about to have (whether I think it has too much oil, or too many calories, etc..) I find one escape being to hit myself, and I know this sounds horrible but I seem to only be satisfied when I think it'll leave a bruise , which last time it did and a pretty bad one at that. I'm thinking it's because I want my future self to remember what I did wrong so I won't do it again. Please any help explaining why or how to overcome this and get back to not over thinking and attacking myself would be greatly appreciated. x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 16th, 2017
Please seeking counseling
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply